OMG. I am so upset I could CRY.

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
My dad is getting remarried. My mom died of cancer 2 years ago. I'm not upset that he's getting married, just that he changed the plans.

He was SUPPOSED to get married here in OK with the "immediate family" to watch. All of a sudden this has changed to he and Barbie (don't let the name fool you, she's awesomely hilarious) are going to be going to Hawaii to get married. This means I will not get to see my dad get married to a lovely woman.

I told him that wasn't fair and he just brushed it off as me joking.

Am I the only one that sees this as not fair? I lost my mom already, almost lost my brother 2 weeks ago to an ATV crash and now I'm losing the last chance to see my dad and his fiance tie the knot.

ARG!!!!!!

Tell dad hes gotta buy you a ticket to Hawaii.
gig.gif
Its worth a try anyways...
tongue.png

Last edited:
I just talked to him more about it and he said:

"If you get to see it, then everyone in the family will want to see it and it will just snowball from there. This is going to be hard enough on us without all of that happening."

Apparently they'll be coming back AFTER their honeymoon for the reception.

Well, just try to be happy for him then. That will be the best gift you could give him and his new bride.
smile.png
*lucky stinkers going to Hawaii...
hmm.png

Um, sorry, but parents are allowed some time to theirselves, too. I so wish me and my hubby would have just gone to Hawaii or Vegas. The ceremony is all about them, the reception is about rejoicing with the family members.

YOU throw him the biggest party ever when they return to show him how much you love him and for EVERYBODY to welcome her! Tell him he has to bring back enough grass skirts and leis for everyone so you can recreate the whole Hawaiian thing.

Don't be hurt. That's selfish. Be overwhelmingly loving and giving and HAPPY. You'll lose yourself in the excitement and busyness of planning and he (and she) (and everybody else left behind) will love you for it.

Post pics for us.

I know the feeling! i lost my mother to cancer a little over 2 years ago, my dad got married to his university sweet heart last december, (best woman EVER) i was not able to go to there wedding either.
is there a reason why your dad is getting married in hawaii instead? was that where they were going to honeymoon in the end any ways?.....if so....i would NOT want to tag along on that ....i would suguest they have a big wedding oarty when they get back........and hold a mock wedding at the party

I can't plan it...I don't have the money to plan it or purchase things with.

And, apparently he's going to talk to Barbie and discuss if they're going to tell anyone else their plans because of my reaction....I'm sorry but I am his daughter. Why don't I get to see the beauty of their union? She makes him happy...why don't I get to see it...

When I got married I did not want to deal with all the hoo haw associated with a traditional wedding. So we eloped. We didn't get out of quite all of the fanfare however, because our relatives gave us a surprise reception. Worked out for everyone. We got our privacy and the relatives and friends got a party. And, as an added and unexpected benefit, we got some nice gifts in spite of ourselves. That was over 40 years ago. I still have one of the gifts. A cast iron skillet. Use it almost every day.

Back
Top Bottom