OMG I JUST SAW A MOUSE *WE CAUGHT ONE!*

Chick_a_dee

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Peterborough, ON
I just opened the tall cupboard, and saw a mouse! it ran around in a circle in the cupboard when it saw me, scared and stuff, then disappeared! what can i do to get rid of them, UGGGHHH they creep me out. I have a good mouser, but he hasn't caught anything for at least 3 or 4 weeks, and i have 5 dogs so i don't want to put down poison. we had sticky traps out, but they haven't worked, so after seeing the mouse i put some peanut butter on them hoping one of those buggers gets stuck to it while trying to get the peanut butter.

HELP, i need some good mouse killing help, and also i have NO idea where they're getting in! we think they're coming in on the plumbing or from under the kitchen as its on a crawl space (with no access for some reason in that part of the house). i'm going to see if i can put some poison under the cabinets.

Just a note, the mouse was a DEER MOUSE.

Last edited:
You need a kitten. About 6 months old. They will catch anything that moves.

They make sticky traps but I feel so sad seeing the mice stuck and then the slowly die. I don't want them in my house, but still, it seems a bit cruel....

You are going to have to get the sticky glue stuff and put it where you saw the mouse.

It will get em.

i bought a two pack of these black snap type ones at tsc. works like the wood and metal snap ones: put peanut butter on the bait area, set the trap, then when the mouse eats the peanut butter, the trap snaps closed snapping the mouses spine and killing it. i only had mine out 2 days and caught the mouse.

i have 6 dogs and they only got scared by the snap a couple times before leaving it alone.

worked great for me and they were pretty cheap

do what my neighbor did....screamed bloody murder. mouse dropped dead of a heart attack!
ep.gif

mice are tricky, smart and fast. if there is one, there is probably more than one. use several traps.

most mice come in, no joke, right behind you when you enter the house. they wait by the stoop, and run in! (a very reputable pest control company info'd me on that. i laughed. the man said in a very serious voice that it wasn't a joke. i felt like a dork.)

they can enter through any hole the size of a nickel or more. seal EVERYTHING.

hope you get the mouse outta the house!

I use the regular little mouse traps that snap. The newer ones are supposed to be bait-less but I still smear the tiniest bit of cheese in the holes. The other day I opened my dish towel drawer and one jumped out. Bounced right past my 3 year old and went under the dishwasher. My kitten has been laying in front but not catching. I knew something was up.. I put out a trap and had it by the next AM. Good luck. The cold is bringing them in.

Last edited:
Take EVERYTHING out of the cupboards. Look for anything they may have chewed and eaten. Clean, clean, clean to remove any scraps of food (crumbs, etc.) and any mouse poo. Put cereal, grains, and pasta in plastic (or better yet) metal or glass containers. While cleaning, you may find their point of entry (via small holes chewed through the cupboards). Clean the floors, clean around the trash, clean, clean, clean.

Clean first, then set traps.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh I knowwww, I'm going to let the cat go without food for the next few days, he'll get desperate and actually try to catch a mouse, he's very good at it, but he snarfs down at least a bit of each of the 5 dogs meals plus his own, plus ours, so he's going to be locked up from now on when people are eating or the dogs are eating until he catches something.

I've just been told by my mum that the mouse is climbing up our christmas tree as well, and hanging out in the top of it, LOL what?

Back
Top Bottom