OMG! I think i killed all my ducks! HELP!

Sorry, @WannaBeHillBilly , but your antics ALWAYS make me laugh. You could be commentating on getting a root canal, and it'd be hilarious. You have quite the knack for storytelling. I remember feeling truly guilty when I lost it that time you had a run in with that very same hill...

I guess that makes the score Hill = 2, HillBilly = 0.

Poor HillBilly...

Last edited:
Actually it is Hill 3 and Billy 0.
I have started a potato patch on that hill and out of the 42 potatoes i planted only three came out, the rest rot in the ground because of all the rain we had and the poor drainage of that [censored][beep][beep] hill!
But i will not give up: In autumn there will be plenty of fresh and half composted duck bedding going into that spot and that will break the spell of the hill! (if i don't break something again…) :p
Well, it's great to see your spirit isn't broken!

And for what it's worth I believe you will overcome that hill!
(But if you can't/don't, be sure to post about it)

By the way, Blanca Duck being Blanca Duck, see that duck sleeping with her head in the no waste feeder? That's Blanca!
20190715_001125.jpg

She was actually sleeping with her head in the feeder until one of the other ducks stepped on her tail. One day she will swallow the whole world…

It's not an allergy, no, not in multiples. Besides, the people who are allergic to grasshoppers are mostly the ones who are allergic to shellfish- the exoskeletons are the same material.
Grasshoppers often have tapeworms, though, so uncooked ones aren't good food for anyone.

What kind of grasshopper? Can you catch a couple? Lubber grasshoppers in particular are poisonous. That's my bet, is either that the grasshoppers themselves are poisonous, or that their guts were full of a plant toxic to ducks. I can't imagine that eating too fast would make that many ducks that sick.
What i saw yesterday were bright green grashoppers, maybe 1cm (.4") long, but hundreds of them. I will try to catch some later and post a picture.
Limpy walked out of the house a little more stiff than usual, i was really afraid he wouldn't make it.

Good grief @WannaBeHillBilly I just read through your hopper & duck experience and wow! So glad to hear everyone seems to be doing ok now, that must have been frightening to go through :hugs
It was very frightening! Especially Limpy was hit hard. All duckies are a bit calmer today, except for Blanca. Blanca is coming to the patio every five minutes asking for something to eat! I can't believe it! That duck must have a black-hole as a stomach.

Back
Top Bottom