OMG! I think i killed all my ducks! HELP!

Morning update: The Duckies are OK! All of them!
full
:wee
But the duck-house… :sick
Stinky diarrhea everywhere! The whole house looks like a porta-potty after an important football game that went wrong. I have to clean it again today.
full

full
Stinky diarrhea everywhere! The whole house looks like a porta-potty after an important football game that went wrong. I have to clean it again today.
full
I'm so happy to hear that!:clap:wee:highfive:

It's not an allergy, no, not in multiples. Besides, the people who are allergic to grasshoppers are mostly the ones who are allergic to shellfish- the exoskeletons are the same material.
Grasshoppers often have tapeworms, though, so uncooked ones aren't good food for anyone.

What kind of grasshopper? Can you catch a couple? Lubber grasshoppers in particular are poisonous. That's my bet, is either that the grasshoppers themselves are poisonous, or that their guts were full of a plant toxic to ducks. I can't imagine that eating too fast would make that many ducks that sick.
What i saw yesterday were bright green grashoppers, maybe 1cm (.4") long, but hundreds of them. I will try to catch some later and post a picture.
Limpy walked out of the house a little more stiff than usual, i was really afraid he wouldn't make it.

full
full
YAY DUCKIES!!
ew duckies-house.

What i saw yesterday were bright green grashoppers, maybe 1cm (.4") long, but hundreds of them. I will try to catch some later and post a picture.
Limpy walked out of the house a little more stiff than usual, i was really afraid he wouldn't make it.
Would it be one of these?
https://www.insectidentification.or...west virginia&thisType=Grasshopper or Cricket

Good grief @WannaBeHillBilly I just read through your hopper & duck experience and wow! So glad to hear everyone seems to be doing ok now, that must have been frightening to go through :hugs
It was very frightening! Especially Limpy was hit hard. All duckies are a bit calmer today, except for Blanca. Blanca is coming to the patio every five minutes asking for something to eat! I can't believe it! That duck must have a black-hole as a stomach.

It was very frightening! Especially Limpy was hit hard. All duckies are a bit calmer today, except for Blanca. Blanca is coming to the patio every five minutes asking for something to eat! I can't believe it! That duck must have a black-hole as a stomach.

:gig Little devils!

Back
Top Bottom