OMG! I think i killed all my ducks! HELP!

This is the first time I've heard of activated charcoal and just looked it up. (After following various posts on her I feel like I should get a medicine cabinet together for my chickens.) I'm curious how you give this to the chickens. Do you put it in their water or food?
Easy with ducks:
  • Grab duck and ignore loud protest
  • Take pill into your left hand
  • Take bill into your right hand and force it open
  • Slide pill along the upper bill at the right side (seen from your perspective!) down to the throat and push it down.
  • Count your fingers before releasing the duck.
  • Let the duck drink some water, you need something stronger…

Easy with ducks:
  • Grab duck and ignore loud protest
  • Take pill into your left hand
  • Take bill into your right hand and force it open
  • Slide pill along the upper bill at the right side (seen from your perspective!) down to the throat and push it down.
  • Count your fingers before releasing the duck.
  • Let the duck drink some water, you need something stronger…
Thanks for the answer. I only have chickens. Is this something I can use for them?

Late night update: Just came out of the shower when the ducks started screaming out of the top of their lungs! - Limpy! - He was cramping and flapping his wings violently. I held him and he vomited again! Charcoal and grashoppers…
Then he looked at me, rasped and wanted down, walked to the waterer and drank as if he just walked through a desert, rasped at me again and went straight to bed.
And Blanca Duck pooped and it smelled so bad, i swear i saw flies dying in mid air!
Everybody seems to do better, they all quacked at me, moved around a bit got up and drank some water.
Looks like the revenge of the grashopper is postponed for now. :fl

Back
Top Bottom