Omlet chicken RUN

Ccort

Crowing
Dec 30, 2021
Kentucky, USA
After watching a hawk come down on my chickens yesterday, I want to build the biggest covered run I can. Omlet has some cool add-ons and can be extended over time. However, I am a fool at putting things together and would have NO help to do so. For those of you with an Omelet run, how was assembly? Note...not buying their coop and this would be only a daytime play area.

Omlet runs are rather small. And the problem will be the connection to your not-Omlet coop.
There are cheaper solutions (per m2/sqft) available like hoop coops. These you can put over your coop.
Other metal frame run for over a small coop:
image_1_170788.jpg

Last edited:
Omlet runs are rather small. And the problem will be the connection to your not-Omlet coop.
There are cheaper solutions (per m2/sqft) available like hoop coops. These you can put over your coop.
Other metal frame run for over a small coop:
image_1_170788.jpg
I own a 13*9 run like the one in the picture but am wanting more space for them. Also, covering my run in hardware cloth on my own was a long project. I hoped for something easier, if possible

I have a 9x21 Omlet walk-in run. The assembly is absolutely doable with one person. Watch a couple of their videos, rather than relying on the manual. It's A LOT of plastic clips. Pick a good weather week and just chip away at it.

I will add that it's completely overpriced, and performs horribly in direct sun or with any sort of snow load (that's if you intend to tarp it). On the flip side, the modularity is super cool. We've modified our run several times.

Back
Top Bottom