One of my 2 1/2 wk olds has been breathing w her mouth open, she ok?

mrsfig

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
San Jose
I have 6 2 1/2 wk olds. They were outside today for about 15 min in the grass, eating bugs and getting some sunshine. Later I noticed the biggest of my bunch, breathing with her mouth open. She was doing it while walking around outside with her wings slightly out. (after she found a grub and ate it) Like she was the best! Lol. But now I am worried, I have rarely seen one pant. the temp is 90, and have food and water. She is eating fine and was running around all day.
hmm.png

Sounds as if she was hot..times like this..make sure she is drinking water..mine have done this too..so I make sure they are actually drinking water..also did she have shade to get too..it's very important too

Iam sure she will be fine..just keep up with water and be sure their is shade with the weather and temps getting higher now...chickens can deal with the cold actually a lot better then the heat

Last week we got to high 80s first time since the new season...I saw a lot of what u said in some of mine..went out the next day and purchased a canopy for them...as I realized I didn't ace that much shade in their pen for them

Xoxo

And welcome to byc

Thank You. Yes they always have a source of shade, one of the girls Ginger likes to stay cool. It was indoors that she was breathing like this that worried me. I did put water on my finger and put it to her beak, she squaked at me, not happy w me right now. This being my first time, I am nervous about everything. I watch them close and keep a journal of everything.

Back
Top Bottom