Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

i really do pity you with weather like that least its not major here though i have had to empty my entire lounge and am sitting on the floor watching tv. we have case baring cloth moth infestation and the pest comtrol is coming tomorrow to spay the carpets so they needed everything out luckily there only in the lounge but they are horrid little buggers have eaten patches of the carpet away where the sofa and chairs have been

10233_coffee_4.gif
I'm here to see another sunrise so it's going to be a good day. It's cloudy and very windy and very cold so I think after checking on the birds I'll drink another cup of coffee or two. Join me if you have time. There's no sense in rushing into anything today.

David and Amy headed south yesterday and spent the night at her brothers house in St Louis. This morning he is meeting up with two of my aunts to go visit a third aunt and unfortunately is in a nursing home. I am very proud of him. Even though his time off is very short, he still felt he needed to go visit his great aunts. Not many his age have that kind of concept of family.

Tomorrow they will leave real early and drive the remaining 270 miles to be able to spend Mother's day with his mother.

10233_winter_nasty_weather.gif
Figured I better run out and let the chickens out and I am still wearing pajamas. I found out just how thin this things are. It's really cold and windy out there.

Good morning everyone-hope you have all been doing well.
I've been spending a lot of time doing chicken/duck/puppy/housework/garden stuff. Whew this time of year sure keeps you hopping.
It is so bizarre to me that there are those of you that are still experiencing cold weather-it has turned off REALLY hot here-we'll be dealing with this clear through mid-fall. Gonna be a long hot one, I'm afraid.
Well, got to get ready to go to Trade Days in a bit-meeting a really good Sumatra breeder to get me some Champion hatching eggs!
Ya'll have a blessed day and to all you mama's out there-Happy Mothers Day to you all tomorrow!

I woke up in what is still the middle of the night feeling like there was something that I needed to do and then I remembered .
10233_mothers_day.gif
Since am awake I think I'll go the the store and get some flowers so that they are sitting on the kitchen table when Granny wakes. Hope all of you have a wonderful day.

Happy Mother's Day to all you US Mums there!

Tis a bonny day here today. Going to take the dogs for a long walk in the woods after I have watched the F1 race.
smile.png
got to make the most of the sunshine while it is here, they are calling for snow again this week!
lau.gif

I am hopefully going to get the eggs set tonight. I have the 6 Orp eggs that Natalie so kindly sent, I have 12 stunning Welsumer eggs that I scored from a chance meeting with a fellow chickener and I will of course throw a few of my own chickens eggs in there too, hoping to set around 30 altogether. I just hope I can do them all justice.

I've got 42 bantam eggs in the incubator that are due to hatch on the 17th. You are going to be very pleased with your Welsummers. Mine are very dependable layers of large dark eggs, the hens are very calm, and better still the roosters I had are reasonably quiet and very gentle with the hens. Not one of my hens show any rooster wear and I have yet to have a Welsummer roosters that's aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom