Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
DH and I have decided on our holiday plans for next year......we are going to the UK for a couple weeks next April/May
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
hide.gif
not coming here are you?

lol.png
Kidding obviously. Would love to show you around if you happen to come this way. How exciting. Do you have plans yet?

Quote:
hide.gif
not coming here are you?

lol.png
Kidding obviously. Would love to show you around if you happen to come this way. How exciting. Do you have plans yet?

Of course I plan to come your way....
tongue2.gif
it won't be until next April/May, so I am just now starting my search for B&Bs and destinations.

I think we will start out in London, work our way north to Scotland, then south to Wales and back to London. I am just a little leary of driving a stick shift with the steering wheel on the right...shifting with my left, and driving on the wrong side of the road.....
ep.gif
LOOK OUT here I come!!! Over here, everything is on the opposite side....tell me Vicki, is the clutch on the right of the gas pedal...that would really mess with my mind...I would giving it gas instead of clutching..... I think I need to request an automatic when renting...it will be safer for all!
idunno.gif

Anyway, all suggestions would be appreciated

Quote:
hide.gif
not coming here are you?

lol.png

Of course I plan to come your way....
tongue2.gif
it won't be until next April/May, so I am just now starting my search for B&Bs and destinations.

I think we will start out in London, work our way north to Scotland, then south to Wales and back to London. I am just a little leary of driving a stick shift with the steering wheel on the right...shifting with my left, and driving on the wrong side of the road.....
ep.gif
LOOK OUT here I come!!! Over here, everything is on the opposite side....tell me Vicki, is the clutch on the right of the gas pedal...that would really mess with my mind...I would giving it gas instead of clutching..... I think I need to request an automatic when renting...it will be safer for all!
idunno.gif

Anyway, all suggestions would be appreciated

LOL! No, the clutch is on the left, accelerator on the right. Yikes. Can you give me some warning of when you are driving up and I can tell my nearest and dearest to stay indoors?
big_smile.png

Quote:
for the holidays or for school to start up?

Question then- how long are Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter breaks then?

Very interesting on the differences!

The Grand Rapids school district in MI does school year round with extended break in the summer, July is off. Lots of immigrants and refugee's so they don't take a long summer break to help the kids with English and other subjects (per my old neighbor who works in the schools there)

Opa's chicks are really cute!!!! I stopped by last night and saw them hatching
smile.png

We don't have Thanksgiving here but Christmas and Easter breaks are both 2 weeks. We also get 2 weeks in October for the "Tattie Holidays" Long ago before the majority of farmers had fancy machinery they started giving the schools a two-week "holiday" so the kids could all help pick the potato harvest - "Tattie Howkin". Doesn't sound like much of a holiday to me but apparently they all looked forward to it as they got paid for it!

15 out of 38. That's it. I done trying to hatch with these stupid styrofoam incubators. I haven't turned it off yet and will wait until tonight but I'm not very optimistic about any of the remaining eggs hatching. Before I try to hatch anymore I will have a much more dependable incubator/hatcher.

The smoked chicken for tomorrow's picnic is done and this morning I will slice it up. Sure is a lot of work to make but it is worth all of the effort.

All this talk of vacations and days off makes me jealous. When you are retired you never get a day off.

Back
Top Bottom