Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

I need help, I want to plan a fun family summervacation for me DH and my 3 kids. We live in MA, so we have gone to Cape Cod, Plymouth Plantation, and South coast of Maine. We don't want to spend too much, but we also don't want to be squashed into a small hotel room. Has anyone got any ideas of where to go? We want family fun, not just beach and restaurants.

Well just one more day until March. I always feel so much better once February is over. How is it that Feb. is the shortest month yet feels like the longest? I just keep looking at all that snow and keep imagining a vegatable garden under it all. I am really starting to feel antsy, it could have something to do with the fact that I spent a week cooped up with 3 kids because of February vacation. The bigger they get, the messier, sillier, and louder they get. I love the time off from work, but I just wish I had a bigger house!

MommaG, you should consider taking a trip to Glacier National Park. It is a place of incredible beauty. Every time I have gone to the Rockies I have never ceased to be amazed. I once took my family on a 6 week backpacking trip through Glacier and Yellowstone. We drove 600 miles the first day and stopped at a campground along Hwy 2 in Wisconsin. Then for the next 6 weeks we never drove more than 150 miles per day. We stopped at every single historical marker we saw and if it made reference to some that piqued our interest we tracked it down. We tent camped which kept the costs a little more manageable. Even though it was 20 years ago occasionally the boys still take about it.

Last edited:
Two robins were sitting in a tree. "I'm really hungry", said the first one.
"Me, too" said the second. "Let's fly down and find some lunch."
They flew to the ground and found a nice plot of plowed ground full of worms. They ate and ate and ate and ate 'til they could eat no more. "I'm so full I don't think I can fly back up to the tree", said the first one.
"Me either. Let's just lay here and bask in the warm sun", said the second.
"O.K." said the first. They plopped down, basking in the sun.
No sooner than they had fallen asleep, a big fat tom cat snuck up and gobbled them up. As he sat washing his face after his meal, he thought, "I love baskin' robins."

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

That was really great, laughed till I cried!! Hope you had a good day. Found out yesterday that we are not only going to be putting up "chicken fence" but also "hog fence"; and will be getting some of the little boogers about April, whee!! Apparently someone who lives around here has cabin fever and is feeling young and frisky again...me, not so much however!!!!
lol.png
But, I'm sure I'll be in the thick of it since its only "us" and mom!! So we are going shopping for fence next week, hoping to find Redbrand in what we need, prefer American made!!!!! Have a good evening!! CCMH

A man walks up to the bar with an ostrich behind him, and as he sits the bartender comes over, and asks for their order. The man says, "I'll have a beer" and turns to the ostrich. "What's yours?"
I'll have a beer, too" says the ostrich.
The bartender pours the beer and says "That will be $3.40 please," and the man reaches into his pocket and pulls out exact change for payment.
The next day, the man, and the ostrich come again, and the man says I'll have a beer," and the ostrich says "I'll have the same." Once again the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact change.
This becomes a routine until, late one evening, the two enter again. "The usual?" asks the bartender. "Well, it's close to last call, so I'll have a large scotch" says the man. "Same for me" says the ostrich.
"That will be $7.20" says the bartender. Once again the man pulls exact change out of his pocket and places it on the bar.
The bartender can't hold back his curiosity any longer. "Excuse me, sir. How do you manage to always come up with the exact change out of your pocket every time?"
"Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic and I found an old lamp. When I rubbed it a Genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I just put my hand in my pocket, and the right amount of money will always be there."
"That's brilliant!" says the bartender. "Most people would wish for a million dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live!
"That's right! Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact money is always there," says the man.
The bartender asks, "One other thing, sir, what's with the ostrich?"
The man replies "My second wish was for a chick with long legs."

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was just enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying and the dog had been dead for years.
He wondered where the road was leading them. After a while they came to a high white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble.
At the top of a long hill it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother of pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.
He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close enough he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?" "This is heaven, sir," the man answered. "Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked. "Of course, sir. Come right in and I'll have some ice water brought right up." The man gestured, and the gate began to open.
"Can my dog come in too?" the traveler asked. "I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets. The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going. After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.
"Excuse me" he called to the reader, "Do you have any water?" "Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there." The man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate. "Come on in."
"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog. "There should be a bowl by the pump." They went through the gate and, sure enough, there was an old fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the bowl and took a long drink himself. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man, who was standing by then, waiting for them.
"What do you call this place?" he asked.
"This is heaven," was the answer.
"Well, that's confusing," he said, "the man down the road said that was heaven too."
"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? That's hell."
"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"
"No. I can see how you might think so, but we're just happy that they screen out the jerks who'll leave their dogs behind.

Very punny Sam!
big_smile.png

Thought I would share some up to date pics of the rheas that I took this morning while I was bribing them with savoy cabbage.

16494_rheas_feb_2011_003.jpg

16494_rheas_feb_2011_011.jpg

16494_rheas_feb_2011_024.jpg

16494_rheas_feb_2011_006.jpg

16494_rheas_feb_2011_027.jpg

Back
Top Bottom