Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Sprite, the smell and taste of a large pizza loaded up with all the toppings you can fit on it is rather magical. Our area must be some kind of pizza mecca. Both Little Caesars and Dominoes started as single oven businesses in this area and now they are world wide franchises. Granny used to complain that she couldn't find a decent pizza in the south.

Pizzaaaaaa! I prefer mine homemade
droolin.gif

45943_plants_002.jpg

New babies!
2291_plants_006.jpg

I had to take a real close look at the 2nd photo. For a minute I thought it was pizza topping. Come to think of it, tonight while eating we were discuss the possible merits of a chicken pizza.

Today's rain should wash away the last of the pile of snow from my yard. If only it would wash away the branches and trash as well. I hate the looks of everything during this interlude between winter and spring. Everything is so brown and dead looking. It's supposed to reach 60 degrees on Friday so maybe I try to get some of if raked up. Having 20+ turkeys come into the yard each day has also created a mess as well. It sure would be nice if they would stay around here at least until the hunting season opens for them. They historically always disappear a week before it opens. It's almost like they have a calendar that tells them it's time to leave. Same thing with the fall turkey season, they show up the week after it closes.

Good day all,

It's a beautiful day, I hope to get some outdoor chores done. DH has the garden going in, I have no idea what he's planted. It's his project, I just take care of whatever he brings in!
Busy week for him, he has not only raised to pen roof and planted the garden, he has also built a handrail on the back steps, making life with a bum hip much easier for me.

I have over 6 lbs. of spare ribs to go low and slow on the smoker today, a chuck roast begging to become a pot roast or stroganoff, and eggs wanting to be pickled. I'm a happy camper! HarlansHollowAussies should be here in 2 weeks, so I think a pork shoulder roast is also in the plans. That gal needs some SC barbeque after the long winter in Montana!

Chickens and ducks are all enjoying the warm up of the weather, laying better than ever. I had the urge to fire up the incubator, but decided to pickle the eggs instead.
smile.png
Don't need any more chicks right now. I have found a great home for some of the birds, so I am content.

Sam, I wish I could send you the warmth. I know you both enjoy and take advantage of it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom