Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Opa, I hope you see one bigger than any on the wall now. You should be overdue for some good luck by now. Altho I haven't hunted any thing other than car keys in years, I know here in SC a LOT of busnesses shut down for opening day because of everybody hitting the woods.

Opa happy hunting! I wish it was open here...I'd be in the woods
tongue.png
I'd drag it out of the woods for ya if I could
wink.png
I hope you get a BIG one!! I'm outta here for the night, just wanted to frop in on one of my favorite threads of all time and say Hi
smile.png
I've been prowling around the beginning of the thread and found this.....

Quote:
lau.gif

I miss my friend.

Sitting here drinking coffee and waiting for David to arrive. Truck is loaded and by 6:15 I should be sitting in the woods. Thanks for the well wishes.

Good luck today Opa!! We are in day 4 and still no venison for us. Oldest son has gotten 3, and a brother-in-law one, but personally I haven't seen one yet, just crows and squirrels!!! It was almost 75 here yesterday, so we really didn't spend much time hunting, too warm. Lots cooler today, so gotta get some chores done and get back at it!! Have a great day!
Hi to everyone else!!
Shirley

Long day in the woods. Water has gotten even higher enroute to my stand so it added to the difficulty. Didn't see anything until 430pm and the wound up seeing 5 does and a button buck. David and I had decided that we wouldn't shoot anything but a trophy buck until the weather gets colder so they all got to walk on by.

Hi everyone
frow.gif
we're back!
21259_scotland_166.jpg

We had such a great time in Scotland, so much to see and so little time. I think we need another two weeks, but I am not sure my dogs could have handled that!!
roll.png
\\

I have some pics, but my space is limited here, so I will create an album on FB also.

So here we go.....

21259_scotland_042.jpg

Our first night in Edinburgh

On our way to the Highlands
21259_scotland_166.jpg

21259_scotland_148.jpg

21259_scotland_157.jpg

Castle in Dufftown, near the Glennfiddich Distillery
21259_scotland_196.jpg

In Highlander country.....Huntly Castle
21259_scotland_236.jpg

The only pics I could get of our elusive Highlander are these rheas
hu.gif

21259_scotland_242.jpg

She does have a beautiful view!
21259_scotland_246.jpg

The North Sea coastline
21259_scotland_275.jpg

21259_scotland_278.jpg

Well, time to go clean leaves out of the pool in between tornado warnings!!
I picked a really bad day to do wash and hang clothes out.....they are now soaked, probably be a while before they dry now
th.gif

I will post more pics in a while.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
i would not have been able to do that. venison is to yummy
tongue.png
ill be out again this weekend. past 2 times have seen nothing at all

Quote:
lau.gif

I miss my friend.

Me too. I miss ranchy! This may not be the place, but I'm wondering, can anyone tell me what happened to her? I'm aware that she died, but what happened?? I haven't been active on the forum for a long time and I didn't know until I saw a post on Facebook about something else.

PS-Hello all old friends!!

Back
Top Bottom