Opa's place -Where an old rooster visits with friends

Several years ago, back before I started molting, I wore a ponytail that fell well below my shoulders. Since we were each going to different jobs David and I had each driven separately to a local coffee shop. After coffee and a donut David got up to leave and said "I'll meet you later at your job Dad".

After he left the waitress, a young girl in her late teens or early twenties asked me if he had called me Dad. When I responded affirmatively she exclaimed "you couldn't possibly have a son that old". She expressed amazement when I confirmed he was and added that had two more sons, one who is two years older than David.

Again she stated her disbelief so in a whispered voice I told her "don't tell anyone but I was ten years old when my oldest son was born". Several days later I overheard her telling another customer "did you know that Sam was only ten when his first son was born"?
That confirmed my belief that she was destined to a career in the donut industry.

Going along with the aging thing...I will follow my Grampies suit and claim to be 39 for the rest of my days. He got it from Jack Benny who always claimed to be 39. Now if somebody says "who's Jack Benny?" then I will feel truly old!

Laura those pictures are beautiful. It seems like a good time was had by all.

I just had my adrenaline rush for the day. I was sitting here at the table and heard a noise behind me and there was the cat with a mouse. He started playing with it while I did the very embarressing jumping on the chair thing. I then opened the back door and flung the mouse out back with a broom with the cat chasing after it. Good cat! Good thing nobody else saw me other than my 3 year old. He is used to me acting crazy and didn't even pay attention. My DH and older sons would have had a field day laughing at me.

Who's Jack Benny?
idunno.gif

tongue.png

I went out and got the mail last night, and to my suprise, I got the sweetest card from my daughter. For no occasion, she just wanted me to know she was thinking about me!

So sweet.

I remember talking to Noah when he was loading the boat and I can't remember him ever mentioning haggis. How did they get aboard? That old enough for you Thistle?

Back
Top Bottom