Order Up. Toaster oven Hatch-A-Long

Pics
IMG_4558.png

So I have a simi-related situation. One of my Wyandotte hens has been showing some broody behavior for a week or so. She would sit for 5-6 hours a day and growl at me when I collected eggs but hadn’t fully committed. She would still spend about 1/2 the day with the flock and go up on the roost at night.

Yesterday I noticed that she had picked her belly feathers and lined the nest box with feathers. Last night she did spend the night sitting on a ceramic egg in the nest box. She has only got up once today to eat and drink then back to the box. I don’t need any more babies right now so I don’t plan to let her hatch her own clutch of eggs. I’m trying to decide whether to break her or let her sit on ceramic eggs until the toaster oven eggs hatch and let her have some or all of these chicks to raise.

So I have a simi-related situation. One of my Wyandotte hens has been showing some broody behavior for a week or so. She would sit for 5-6 hours a day and growl at me when I collected eggs but hadn’t fully committed. She would still spend about 1/2 the day with the flock and go up on the roost at night.

Yesterday I noticed that she had picked her belly feathers and lined the nest box with feathers. Last night she did spend the night sitting on a ceramic egg in the nest box. She has only got up once today to eat and drink then back to the box. I don’t need any more babies right now so I don’t plan to let her hatch her own clutch of eggs. I’m trying to decide whether to break her or let her sit on ceramic eggs until the toaster oven eggs hatch and let her have some or all of these chicks to raise.

I'd say go with the latter. Maybe giving her some of the toaster eggs in a few days as well

Back
Top Bottom