Oregon

Same thing down here, 40 lf and I'm getting 5 eggs a day if I'm lucky.

I am doing a celebration dance today! I was able to move my broody hen back into her flock today without to many fights. She has been with the BLRW's for 6 months but the young roo darn near scalped her trying to mate. Since we are looking at freezing temps tonight she can snuggle up with her "sisters".

Wow, I was grumbling at my hens for not laying but I think I should be grateful for 4 or 5 eggs a day out of 16 hens after reading. Luckily the 4 ducks give me 2 a day, thank heavens for ducks in the rain, lol. Now we won't even discuss the couple of bantams my daughter owns, they are apparently done until they see a sun for real.
frow.gif

Wow, I was grumbling at my hens for not laying but I think I should be grateful for 4 or 5 eggs a day out of 16 hens after reading. Luckily the 4 ducks give me 2 a day, thank heavens for ducks in the rain, lol. Now we won't even discuss the couple of bantams my daughter owns, they are apparently done until they see a sun for real.
frow.gif
Same here!
One young trio and one young adult pair of ducks have taken off running and laying everyday. Set a batch for a friend to raise and finally had to start baking. I'll be covered in duck eggs. The other young pair (parents of that darned singleton that we've been trying to brood-match =:~) looks like they are getting 'frisky' a bit too. thank goodness the two fancy colored dilute pairs are waiting.
Can't the chickens take the hint?

We're still getting about 2 dozen a day out of our first-year flock of 50-ish birds (some of those are roosters) using no artificial light. They dropped off sharpish one day, from 4 dozen per day to 2. So far it has been covering our regular customers about perfectly.

Greetings from Monmouth.
jumpy.gif
Anyone here from Independence or Monmouth?

MI Chicken Revolution is planning a summer Coop in M-I and we still have a few spots open for your coop! The Tour date is mid July. It should be a great tour - let me know if you'd like more info. Send an email to [email protected]
yesss.gif

Does anyone have any OEGB chicks or pullets for sale? Or any kind of Bantam for sale? Or Ameraucana's for sale? wanna get some kind of breed for my mom for Christmas
April, I wasn't for sure rather to post you here or fb.....
I have a mixed group of pullet eggs set to hatch at Christmas and a batch of them are B/Wh Am's. Again, they are pullet eggs so until I candle I won't have any idea how many to expect. I have a brand new chick from a test egg (first laid) so I know the possibility is there.If you want me to let you know on development just drop me a line to remind me =:~) As a side note, the splash wheaton are quite lovely if your mom just wants some pretty laying (or softly crowing) pets. good luck and best wishes, k/

Back
Top Bottom