Organic Chicken Feed Recommendations?

Suburban Sprouts

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Hi! Can anyone recommend an organic chick starter or chicken feed? What is it, where do you buy it, what size...? Tell me everything you can! Even if I can't get the exact same thing (like if you live in California) I'd be interested to know more about what is out there and what people do or don't like about it.

Thanks!

Laura

We get our organic feed at a local feed store. It came in 50 pound bags, and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it only comes in mash, and I think crumbles are less wasteful.

Quote:
just people's opinion, but most soy beans are GMO's and are not very healthy. So fished based is much safer. I switched from purina to sountryside pretty quickly.

also just read this that soy beans make you gain weight very fast due to the goitrogen in it, they give people and animals thyriod problems, it blocks mineral absorbtion, and they are one of the highest GMO crops on the market.

Another vote for Countryside Naturals. I started with it when I first got my chicks. I bought one bag of Natures Best from a local feed store because I wanted to be able to just buy it when I needed it and not have it shipped. The chickens seemed to like it but it was very finely ground and it seemed to fly right out of the feeder. I am back to the Countryside Naturals. It is worth the shipping costs.

Back
Top Bottom