Organic Chicken Feed Recommendations?

I am in Orlando and found a place that sells countryside in Gainesville. I am going to ask my feed store if they could order organic feed.

Quote:
Why don't you try Cascade brand by Magill Ranch?

Azure Standard sells it and you are on their delivery route.
"I-5 corridor from Seattle, WA to Redding, CA, then south on Hwy. 99 to San Diego."

They also have layer and grower for the same cost.

---------------------------
Cascade Starter Poultry Feed, Org.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price: $27.25
Code: GP417
Size: 50 lbs
Weight 51.0 lbs. Quantity:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Description Corn & Soy Free!

Product of Oregon.

Ingredients: Organic Peas, Organic Triticale, Organic Wheat, Crab Meal, Fish Meal, Organic Barley, Dicalcium Phosphate, Dehydrated Seaweed Meal, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Organic Wheat Middlings, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Menadione Nicotinamide Bisulfite, Riboflavin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrchloride, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Dried fermentation product of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Dried fermentation product of Lactobacillus casei, Dried Fermentation product of Lactobacillus plantarum, Dried fermentation product of Enterococcus faecium, Dried fermentation product of Bacillus coagulans, Dried fermentation product of Bacillus Licheniformis, and Dried fermentation product of Bacillus Subtilis, Dried Asperfillus Niger Fermentation Extract.

Guaranteed Analysis Nutrient Name: Amount Crude Protein - min 19.10% Lysine - min 0.96% Methionine - min 0.43% Crude Fat - min 5.04% Crude Fiber - max 5.28% Calcium - min 2.20% Calcium - max 2.42% Phosphorus 0.99% Salt -min 0.52% Salt - max 0.61%

Feeding Instructions: Feed this complete mash feed to poultry on day to 6 weeks of age. Provide plenty of fresh water. CAUTION: Do not feed to cattle or any other ruminants.

Quote:
I can 3rd it
smile.png
But my chickens waste it
wink.png

Blue Seal is awesome but it costs a lot
smile.png

For folks in VA... There is an all natural feed at Eden Farms
smile.png
It works great! But it doesn't cost much
smile.png

Where is Eden Farms? My girls waste CS, too!

Quote:
I am looking too!! Reading recommendations.. I do know a feed store in GAinesville carries Countryside...may have to make a trip!

Quote:
I did speak with Countryside and if someone wants to order a pallet and then distribute among others in the community that would work too...It would have to be prepay for the order, so the person ordering is not paying out of pocket for a pallet of feed. I am possibly thinking about that! Anyone else in Central FL interested? I am 30 minutes south of Cape Canaveral.

Love all of your critters nursebiz!! I wish I could move to a farm, but am doing what I can NOW with what I have and where I am!! LOL

One more vote for Country Side! My girls love it and it is VERY important to me not to have soy!!!! Try it!

Was talking to one of the vendors at our local farmers market about chickens and he told me he was using soy free....had him bring me a bag...it is dealers choice soy free layer pellets.... from lakeland nutrition group...

forgive me if some of the ingredients are spelled wrong...the typing on the tag is not clear, so I had to guess on some of them...where a couple of letters were illegible...

protein 16 %
fat 2.5%
fiber 8%

ingredients:corn meal, wheat middlings, corn gluten meal, dehydrated alfalfa meal, calcium carbonate, monocalcium phosphate, dicalcium phosphate, sodium bicarbonate, magnesium limestone, iron sulfate, copper sulfate, zinc proteinate, cobalt proteinate, cobalt sulfate, ethlenediarrine dihydriocilde, sodium selenite, calcium iodate, iron oxide, iron sulfate, l=lysine monohydrochloride, dl methionine, vitamin a supplement, vitamin d3 supplement, vitamin 3 supplement, vitamin b 12 supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of K), riboflavin suppement, calcium pantothenate, thiamin hydrochloride, nicacin, pyridoxin hydrochloride, folic acid, choline chloride, biotin, propionic acid, ammonium hydroxide, rice mill by product (vitamin carrier), calcium propionate, cane molasses

Thanks Kelly.
I searched up the website and there is a feed store in Sanford that sells it so I will be heading that way in the next few days as my girls are going to be 20 weeks old Weds. and we are going to need feed in the next several days.

Back
Top Bottom