Ouch...coupla pics added

Concordmommy

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
you gotta be in shape to build a chicken coop...

especially when you have grand ideas...

pics to follow!!

Last edited:
Quote:
This doesn't sound good . . .pics as quickly as possible please!
fl.gif
pop.gif

lol... Being younger doesn't help.. I'd put the time into the coop floor and one wall, woke up two days later with a heck of a sharp back pain.. Took two days more to get to where I could stretch.

Hammer & nail FTW!
wink.png

Oh man, I started at 8 this morning and this is all I got done: buying the wood (and arguing with the dude who charged me too much), loading it into the car, UNloading it when I got home, wrestling with the circular saw, trying to hammer the 3"nails with my puny hammer...driving back to the hardware store to buy a bigger hammer, coming home and showing those nails who's boss, takin' a break to eat, then back out to frame some more...

I did get all four walls framed, but now I have to put them together! I think it's going to take at least another two or three days...

Compounding the problem is that I am doing this all by myself--no one is around to help until the weekend! I hope I'm not going to be too sore tomorrow so I can get more done!

I measured wrong, but oh well, I'm gonna have to have a HUGE door on this coop, that's all...Please tell me the framing is the hardest part!! Just lie to me, I don't care!

Here are some pics, doesn't look like much though right now...

determined to tackle this project:
determined.jpg

frame2.jpg

really? all this for *chickens*?
tired.jpg

I couldn't move the 4th wall by myself...I'll need to get my husband to help me (grudgingly, he isn't on board 100% with this little venture)
done.jpg

Back
Top Bottom