Our Mixed Flock Journey!

As I said above, I went out and sat with the flock today! Finally some pictures of my beauties! The boys are much easier to get good pictures of as they are usually standing around trying to look studly...:gig! Maximus seems to be fully recovered without any intervention from me...I'm so glad I did what @WhoDatChick said and waited to see how he was doing! I haven't seen the new hen since we came home. I think she might have decided that this is not the place she wanted to be, too many roosters. I will go out and look in the coop tonight and see if she is with them and was maybe just hiding out. View attachment 2809108View attachment 2809109View attachment 2809110View attachment 2809111View attachment 2809112View attachment 2809114View attachment 2809115View attachment 2809117View attachment 2809120
Loving the fluffy butt! 🤣

Update on the Peahen. My husband has been wanting to get rid of the rabbits. We don't like processing them and he doesn't want to have them if we will not be using them for food, I guess the good manure supply isn't enough to keep them. Anyway, he said as soon as we find a home for them, we can go and get the peahen! I'm really happy for our Peacock, because I don't want him to be lonely! So hopefully that will be happening soon! 🦚

That sounds like a good plan Rene. We kept meat rabbits when we had our little farm in FL and processing was tough to do.

I think you both would get more enjoyment from a couple of peas (or more if they hatch some eggs)!

As I said above, I went out and sat with the flock today! Finally some pictures of my beauties! The boys are much easier to get good pictures of as they are usually standing around trying to look studly...:gig! Maximus seems to be fully recovered without any intervention from me...I'm so glad I did what @WhoDatChick said and waited to see how he was doing! I haven't seen the new hen since we came home. I think she might have decided that this is not the place she wanted to be, too many roosters. I will go out and look in the coop tonight and see if she is with them and was maybe just hiding out. View attachment 2809108View attachment 2809109View attachment 2809110View attachment 2809111View attachment 2809112View attachment 2809114View attachment 2809115View attachment 2809117View attachment 2809120
These are great! I’m so glad it was just a bad day for him...
I really want to start taking pics too.. especially of chickens and horses! I have a pretty good camera.. no where near as good as yours though... but good enough for what I want to do... but as yall said.. it’s very mindful and I don’t really like to think that hard 😄... although I know it’s beneficial!
I have taken graduation pics for a few people but I usually just point and click on auto.. and the pics were very nice! So I would just tell people... I have a really nice camera and it does all the work😆

That sounds like a good plan Rene. We kept meat rabbits when we had our little farm in FL and processing was tough to do.

I think you both would get more enjoyment from a couple of peas (or more if they hatch some eggs)!
The peas will definitely be more enjoyable. I'm glad now that I didn't have more time to spend with the rabbits as that would make it harder to give them up. Baby peas would be so much fun! 🙂

Back
Top Bottom