Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Funny I quote myself :idunno :gigbut here is my chicken update. Last Saturday, I got the DUAL... :love The Serama, and a Welsummer. They integrated into my flock in 2 days, and are one happy family. The NEWCOMERS still hang together. I think the Serama, name LONELY, likes to be with her bodyguard Welsummer, named WENDY.View attachment 2338538View attachment 2338539View attachment 2338540

Cavey, congrats on the new flock additions! Glad they fit in the flock without a lot of drama. Is this your first Serama? They are such cool looking little birds.

We finally made it back home! Sadly, we lost two more kits, but the remaining 9 look very healthy!

After checking on the kits, I cleaned out the nesting boxes and Dale turned over the bedding in the coop, he had already given the flock a treat of cracked corn! We came home to 43 more eggs...Debby, I really think I'm getting enough eggs now...lol! I also came home to an even smaller egg...6g! I don't know what's going on with my girl, but she did lay a couple others that were nice sized!

Here's the biggest to smallest!
67g, 50, 21, 6g The smallest looks like a tiny lime...lol
9.14-9.17  67g 50g 21g 6g.jpg

9.15-9.18  43 eggs.jpg

We finally made it back home! Sadly, we lost two more kits, but the remaining 9 look very healthy!

After checking on the kits, I cleaned out the nesting boxes and Dale turned over the bedding in the coop, he had already given the flock a treat of cracked corn! We came home to 43 more eggs...Debby, I really think I'm getting enough eggs now...lol! I also came home to an even smaller egg...6g! I don't know what's going on with my girl, but she did lay a couple others that were nice sized!

Here's the biggest to smallest!
67g, 50, 21, 6g The smallest looks like a tiny lime...lol
View attachment 2339221

View attachment 2339224
Okay... that is a beautiful bunch of eggs ❤ and I love the itty bitty one in the middle!!
The first pic reminds me of one I had posted before.. this is it... I was playing a joke on everyone... the last “egg”is actually a peanut M&M 😁
726EE1FB-25FE-4D1F-BA0A-FD1E18E057C6.jpeg

.... yours looks that small! Except yours might just be a yolk.. it’s so perfectly round 😃

Here's a quick video and a picture of the kits! Daphne was watching closely to make sure I didn't do anything to her babies...she's been a good mama! I'm going to try and get some individual pictures tomorrow, they're so cute!

View attachment 2339342
Oh, the bunnies are getting sooooo cute! Sorry about the two you lost :(

Okay... that is a beautiful bunch of eggs ❤ and I love the itty bitty one in the middle!!
The first pic reminds me of one I had posted before.. this is it... I was playing a joke on everyone... the last “egg”is actually a peanut M&M 😁View attachment 2339351
.... yours looks that small! Except yours might just be a yolk.. it’s so perfectly round 😃
Oh my goodness, I love this....too funny...:gig I'm going to cook all 4 up for breakfast tomorrow, I'll post what they look like! I'm really curious to see the the 2 smallest hold! :)

Back
Top Bottom