Our Mixed Flock Journey!

My beautiful Pearl is back in the nesting box this morning...first time since she was sick! I really wouldn't have cared if she didn't lay again until spring, but this is a good indication that she is completely healed! I just couldn't get her to look at me...some privacy pleeeease!!! lol

View attachment 2385480
Yay, that's so great! I'm glad she is feeling better :ya

My beautiful Pearl is back in the nesting box this morning...first time since she was sick! I really wouldn't have cared if she didn't lay again until spring, but this is a good indication that she is completely healed! I just couldn't get her to look at me...some privacy pleeeease!!! lol

View attachment 2385480

Definitely a good sign! Little bashful girl :lol:

View attachment 2385480
That is really good news. Everything must be back to normal! :hugs

And how are the bunnies doing?
They are doing well! I was going to separate them from their mama yesterday, but decided to wait until they are 8 weeks old! I placed an add yesterday hoping to sell them, but I don't know if I will be able to! If I do sell some they will be removed slowly from her and not all at once! We won't breed them again unless the economy starts to tank...which could happen! Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst!

I have a long time friend in the States who breeds & raises show rabbits as well as bunnies for the table. I do find it rather hard to wrap my head around the whole idea when you can go out & shoot them for free here. :D
We used to have Jackrabbits here, but I haven't seen any in a long time. We do have cottontails, but they aren't good for eating! It would be a lot easier to just hunt what we need...not to mention cheaper and less stressful!

Back
Top Bottom