Our Mixed Flock Journey!

I have seriously been debating planting them here. When I grew up we could pick buckets of them. They are among my all time favorites!
I would advise planting the thornless varieties...unless you don't mind being a slave to keeping them from spreading! Like I said we have so much to take care of here that they got out of control & we ignored them for way to long!

I would advise planting the thornless varieties...unless you don't mind being a slave to keeping them from spreading! Like I said we have so much to take care of here that they got out of control & we ignored them for way to long!
But remember, the ones with thorns taste better! I have mine in a raised bed which keeps them somewhat contained.

I have the add posted for the baby buns...we have 3 females and 6 males! I decided to leave them in with their mom a little longer! Hopefully they will sell and we can remove them slowly! I will completely remove any remaining kits at 8 weeks!

On a funny note...Daphne was moving the dish around that I put her sunflower seeds into...it was empty and I know she was demanding that I fill it! :gig I obliged and all of them gathered around for their favorite treat! 💞

My beautiful Pearl is back in the nesting box this morning...first time since she was sick! I really wouldn't have cared if she didn't lay again until spring, but this is a good indication that she is completely healed! I just couldn't get her to look at me...some privacy pleeeease!!! lol

Pearl nesting after illness 10.24.2020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom