Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Mrs BY Bob is like that too. She only takes from the basket on the table. Refrigerator eggs aren't good enough for her. My gosh in the summer they probably went in the fridge 2 days ago because they were muddy and I rinsed them off!

It makes sense now as the fridge holds purchased eggs because we are only getting 3 to 4 a week. The fridge eggs are only for baking.
We all have our favorites! I actually prefer my Marans eggs, the yolks are darker and I think thicker than the other eggs! That being said, I am happy to eat any of them!

We all have our favorites! I actually prefer my Marans eggs, the yolks are darker and I think thicker than the other eggs! That being said, I am happy to eat any of them!
😄 I actually like the bantams eggs because they are nearly all yolk. And of course they're not so big. Quite big enough for me!

Yolks are my favorite part too!
I found that Bantam eggs are a perfect size if you are baking and need half an egg!!
I wish I'd known that when my boys were @ school! They all insisted on taking cooking & I'd get a list of ingredients home with stupid things on it like 1/2 an egg!!! 🙄

I wish I'd known that when my boys were @ school! They all insisted on taking cooking & I'd get a list of ingredients home with stupid things on it like 1/2 an egg!!! 🙄
Right...half an egg :rolleyes:...I don't think it would make much difference if you were to use a whole egg, but it's nice to have the option of a smaller bantam egg on hand, just to stick to the recipe!

This little guy will be going to a new home tomorrow...I'm so happy for him! :love

Boy 1.1 11.23.2020.jpg
Boy 1.2 11.23.2020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom