Our Mixed Flock Journey!

For me, this time of year is kind of drab, chickens pretty up the landscape!
It could be that. I never considered that. Everyone just got done molting too. They are also mostly getting alone right now. All reasons which may lead me to be especially fond of them. šŸ˜

That is awesome! I have been reading but not able to comment much. Loved the pictures of your trip! I think you will love the Wyandottes. Just be prepared for broody mayhem! šŸ˜†
I know right...I keep thinking I should stop myself...but I'm just not strong enough...it would have to be an intervention from my friends...but all of my friends here are more of the enabling ilk, than the, are you sure you want to put yourself through that? :gig
Seriously though...I'm very excited about them! šŸ’ž

Well the last couple of days have been interesting! I recieved a message from my sons friend, saying that they had moved & they brought his Jeep to the Tri-Cities, with a...can you come pick it up. So, sure we'll come get it! We had to be in town yesterday, I had to drop off the fertile eggs, I needed layer crumbles for my flock and I needed to return the faucet I bought for the kitchen remodel from Home Depot...they sent me a used faucet...I couldn't believe it. I called them and they were very apologetic & had no idea how this happened, they gave me a $67.00 discount on a new one and I made the decision to return the used one to the store, for a faster refund, since we were going to be in town anyway! We had to put a battery in Derek's jeep as they told us his was dead, hubs wanted to see if we could get it to start before we made plans for getting it home, the tabs are expired, it's not insured and the front seat is not bolted down...he was working on it and was going to get it when he returns in March for baby's birthday. We got it started, Dale tried to find a car hauler from U-haul...but they didn't have any available until today and to top that off the feed store was out of crumbles, but they would have some today..so we bought some scratch & some more cracked corn, did some grocery shopping, reserved a trailer, gassed up the truck & came home! Today we headed back to town, picked up the trailer, loaded up the Jeep & headed home. Got home, unloaded the Jeep, ate a quick lunch, then headed back to town. Returned the trailer, stopped by a lumber store...that we also went to yesterday, picked up the crumbles, bought dinner, sat in the truck to eat it, gassed up the truck and came home.
Wait...there's more...the same friends took a small horse trailer my son had for their sons girlfriend & my son also gave their son a boat...well the girlfriend decided she doesn't want the trailer, the son is going into the military and decided that he doesn't want the boat...can you come get them from Clarkston, 3 hours away this time. I told them that we will come get the horse trailer (we can sell it), but the boat belongs to Adam...so he needs to deal with it!
Forgive me for offloading, but
I'm so tired right now! At least we won't be heading to Clarkston until some time next week! We thought we had this kid moved...but in his favor, this was out of his control!
I'm ready for our remodel to be finished & I want warm weather, so that I can sit in the free range pen and enjoy my beautiful flock! Is that too much to ask?
WhewšŸ˜„ I feel better now...thanks for listening!

Well the last couple of days have been interesting! I recieved a message from my sons friend, saying that they had moved & they brought his Jeep to the Tri-Cities, with a...can you come pick it up. So, sure we'll come get it! We had to be in town yesterday, I had to drop off the fertile eggs, I needed layer crumbles for my flock and I needed to return the faucet I bought for the kitchen remodel from Home Depot...they sent me a used faucet...I couldn't believe it. I called them and they were very apologetic & had no idea how this happened, they gave me a $67.00 discount on a new one and I made the decision to return the used one to the store, for a faster refund, since we were going to be in town anyway! We had to put a battery in Derek's jeep as they told us his was dead, hubs wanted to see if we could get it to start before we made plans for getting it home, the tabs are expired, it's not insured and the front seat is not bolted down...he was working on it and was going to get it when he returns in March for baby's birthday. We got it started, Dale tried to find a car hauler from U-haul...but they didn't have any available until today and to top that off the feed store was out of crumbles, but they would have some today..so we bought some scratch & some more cracked corn, did some grocery shopping, reserved a trailer, gassed up the truck & came home! Today we headed back to town, picked up the trailer, loaded up the Jeep & headed home. Got home, unloaded the Jeep, ate a quick lunch, then headed back to town. Returned the trailer, stopped by a lumber store...that we also went to yesterday, picked up the crumbles, bought dinner, sat in the truck to eat it, gassed up the truck and came home.
Wait...there's more...the same friends took a small horse trailer my son had for their sons girlfriend & my son also gave their son a boat...well the girlfriend decided she doesn't want the trailer, the son is going into the military and decided that he doesn't want the boat...can you come get them from Clarkston, 3 hours away this time. I told them that we will come get the horse trailer (we can sell it), but the boat belongs to Adam...so he needs to deal with it!
I'm so tired right now! At least we won't be heading to Clarkston until some time next week! We thought we had this kid moved...but in his favor, this was out of his control!
I'm ready for our remodel to be finished & I want warm weather, so that I can sit in the free range pen and enjoy my beautiful flock! Is that too much to ask?

I feel for you. :hugs We have 5 kids & we've been trying to get them to come get their stuff for decades. I am ready to ditch everything! Even worse, the crabbing duo often stop in here for a coffee & a loo stop & leave even more stuff behind. šŸ™„ It's a thankless, never ending task.

I feel for you. :hugs We have 5 kids & we've been trying to get them to come get their stuff for decades. I am ready to ditch everything! Even worse, the crabbing duo often stop in here for a coffee & a loo stop & leave even more stuff behind. šŸ™„ It's a thankless, never ending task.
Yes, this is so true...we get rid of one thing & then 10 things take its place! My daughter has slowly been taking her stuff & almost has it all! The youngest told me that if he hasn't used it in all these years...then he doesn't want it, so I will go through it keep some special things for his baby & donate the rest! The oldest is still here...that's a whole story in itself! Once a parent always a parent...I have no one to blame but myself...šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

That all sounds exhausting Rene, hope today is a quieter day :hugs

I know right...I keep thinking I should stop myself...but I'm just not strong enough...it would have to be an intervention from my friends...but all of my friends here are more of the enabling ilk, than the, are you sure you want to put yourself through that? :gig
Seriously though...I'm very excited about them! šŸ’ž
You may rethink that once you see this video of how mean mine is. It is quite disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom