Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Today's project was new drawer fronts. We were not happy with how the old drawers turned out using the gel stain, so we went to town yesterday and bought some new oak. Dale cut them and routed them last night. This morning he sanded the sections that could be done with a palm sander and then I did some of the detail sanding and stained them. These are going to look so much nicer. The grain wasn't that great in the original drawer fronts, so the gel stain hid it.
This is my favorite one. Before & after!
View attachment 2544242View attachment 2544244
View attachment 2544247
Wow! They are beautiful. You and Dale have real talent for woodworking! I can’t wait to see the finished product.

I went out tonight to check on the flock and make sure they were all where they should be...everyone present and accounted for + 1 more...I also needed to grab the rest of the eggs as two of my girls were in the nesting boxes when I brought eggs in earlier and low and behold, but what should appear a very small mouse...it hopped up on the edge of the nesting box and stared at me for a moment...didn't seem to be too afraid...I reached out and made it jump out...it disappeared toward the garden. Wish I could have gotten a picture of it! I'm going to have to try and route them out!
Haha. You have squatters. :lau

That is amazing! You could sell them! Very cool. :thumbsup
Morning Bob! Thank you, it was a fun project. That's what my daughter & her husband want me to do...I just don't have the skill set to make the frames and hubs is retired & not interested in it, I'm okay with that as long as I can get him to eventually build a frame so I can have one also.

I just had the funniest conversation with my daughter. They are coming to visit for the weekend and hubs needs some supplies from a store near her for the cabinet doors he's making...namely...space balls. I told him I couldn't wait to hear her reaction on that request. She does not disappoint! Her "Oh, you would make me go into a store and ask for space balls"! Laughing, I told her what I'd said to her dad. Her, "It feels like a prank order". :gig

I just had the funniest conversation with my daughter. They are coming to visit for the weekend and hubs needs some supplies from a store near her for the cabinet doors he's making...namely...space balls. I told him I couldn't wait to hear her reaction on that request. She does not disappoint! Her "Oh, you would make me go into a store and ask for space balls"! Laughing, I told her what I'd said to her dad. Her, "It feels like a prank order". :gig
Yep, I get her caution. 😁

If she did ask, she might end up with this old movie:

Spaceballs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom