over 150 chicks in my "sewing" room __UPDATE PICS__

Ok, got the 110 today so here's pics of my madness.....

110 in the playpen brooder

874b90f0.jpg

36 in the water trough brooder
abe57735.jpg

8 in the 30x30 cage
253fc873.jpg

and 23 in the plastic brooder
a2b056c2.jpg

the 36 were day old monday. the 110 are day olds today. the 23 were day olds last sunday. The 8 are all older - probably about two to three weks old.

I also have 40 eggs in one bator, 10 ducks eggs in another bator, and 4 duck eggs int he hatcher.

stop me, someone, please.....

eta - as soon as I can get out there and clean the lower coop - they're all going into a nice warm 8x8 chicken coop (or at least some of them are) so I don't have to cramp them inside the house.
Supposed to be 74 degrees here today - I should be able to get it done.

lau.gif
Meri

Last edited:
Using mine and Pumpkinpups tried and true "Chicken Math"

If you have 150 chicks, you only have 18 3/4 chickens

You have to remember 8 chicks = 1 Grown LF Chicken

Eggs = Zero cause you can't count your chickens before they hatch!

lau.gif

See, doesn't seem so bad now......
gig.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
I have closer to 170 chicks, I think - but it still works out ok.

Most of the 110 are white rocks, i think, only 9 RIR and 20 Black Australorps.

I can't tell the dif between white rock and cornish cross at this age - but these are smaller than the cornish cross I got monday, so I'm thinking white rocks.

the 110 are the "heavy breed mix" which means "leftovers that we didnt' sell". The rir are all roos, I believe, not sure on the others - but I'm sure it's heavy with roos. I hope I have SOME pullets out of it.
Most of those are all going to auction, but still, I don't want to have to unload a ton of roos - looks like my freezer will be full this summer
lau.gif

White rocks aren't a bad size for freezer camp, I guess.
I'm just glad they weren't all RIR - I don't really care for red chickens.

meri

Quote:
I need another one too - can't wait for yard sales to pick up around here. I got this one for 4 bucks last year (just for chicks) and I love it!! It works great for a few older chicks, too - more room for them in it.

I need another one to put more chicks into
wink.png

I just took hardware cloth and molded it over the top (pull it up to open it) and rest the lamp right on the hardware cloth - no hanging of the lamp (or those worthless clamps) required.

That is sooooo cool!!! I have a pack n play upstairs that I've kept around. My kiddos are waaay to big for it anymore, I see some possibilities.
yippiechickie.gif
This means more room for chickens!!!!!!

Sonja

Back
Top Bottom