over 150 chicks in my "sewing" room __UPDATE PICS__

Hahahaha I love it.....posts like this make it so much easier for me when I tell hubby "but honey there are people with more chicks than we have right now...see, look at this thread..."

lau.gif

I am totally going to use my old pack n play now........I kept it around for when I had babies visit, but all of them are grown now, so I think I'll do the same thing and keep it in the garage to cut down on the dust! Great idea! And way to go on the enabling!!!!!! Hahahahahah

Oh, btw - if ya want enabling....

Reich Poultry Farms 1-866-365-0367 (they're in PA)

Heavy Breed Special....
100 (+10 free) 29.95
50 (+5 free) 18.95
25 (+2 free) 12.95
Plus ship

Their choice of pullets, cockerels or straight run (it's the "leftovers" package, basically)

Big Reds (red broilers), Barred Rocks, White Rocks, Buff Reds (no idea what this is), Cornish Cross, and "huge Silver Laced Black Giants that get up to 16 pounds".

I got a LOT of white chicks - probably mostly White Rocks, I don't see any huge ones, so probably no Cornish X. The red chicks (9 of these) don't look like RIR (lady on the phone told me this might be possible in the mix, too) so maybe they are the Big Reds. I also got about 20 that look like Black Australorp.

The white chicks I assume are white rocks, because being "leftovers" not many people want a plain white chicken, I guess.

Oh, this place also has turkey poults (broadbreasted whites) pretty reasonably priced, also. 8 day old unsexed for 36.95 + ship and going up from there.

I liked how they did business, even if they don't have a huge selection (they do have more than I listed, though - mainly utility birds, no fancy ones, but they do have guineas). I ordered and they mailed me a card with my confirmation and the date of ship. I've only other ordered from Ideal and from Cackle - neither of which sent me confirmation.
The chicks got here overnight, also (PA to KY) and all arrived alive and kicking.

meri

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom