Oyster Shells

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
I can not find oyster shells locally. Does anyone here buy them online? Mypetchicken.com charges almost $20 shipping for 5 pounds!!!

The problem with buying anything like feed, grit, oystershell, etc. online is the huge cost of shipping such heavy things. Surely there must be a feed store, Tractor Supply or the like somewhere in your area. It would be worth a 30 or 40 mile trip to avoid those shipping costs!

These are TSC stores in NC. Are any of them close enough to you?

NORTH CAROLINA
ALBEMARLE, ASHEBORO, ASHEVILLE SOUTH, BURLINGTON, CLEMMONS, CLINTON, CONCORD, ELKIN, FAYETTEVILLE WEST, FUQUAY-VARINA, GOLDSBORO, GREENVILLE, HENDERSON, KNIGHTDALE, LENOIR, MONROE, MOUNT AIRY, NEWTON, OAK RIDGE, ROCKY MOUNT, RURAL HALL, SALISBURY, SELMA, SHELBY, SPINDALE, STATESVILLE, WEAVERVILLE, WHITEVILLE

Jean

Hey Trisha, they sell them at Tramway Feed Store on Hwy. 78 here in Sanford. I don't know how much they are or how big of a bag it is but I will call tomorrow and ask and let you know.
Laura

call them first and make sure they have it in store, ours sometimes does, and sometimes doesn't but if you askthey cn get it from wareouse or another store if you give them enough time.

There is another alternative. One of the local feedstores carries a product called TuffShell. It's limestone calcium and it looks like fine granite grit. The dumb owner even puts it in ziplocks and sells it labeled "GRIT".
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom