panting duck?!!! don't think she's hot

That poop doesn't look normal, but the runniness could be from her drinking a lot and being hot. What does the other duck's poop look like?

the other duck's is a little less runny, but mostly looks the same. Could they have eaten something bad outside?

I feed them nature's best organic duck crumbles, could it be the feed?

once in a while it gets firm, but its usually somewhere between firm and runny

I put them back in the brooder and now they're both panting (eyes open) but it isn't too hot or cold in my house. Could they be stressed?

once in a while it gets firm, but its usually somewhere between firm and runny

I put them back in the brooder and now they're both panting (eyes open) but it isn't too hot or cold in my house. Could they be stressed?
How warm is it in your house? I guess they could be stressed.

its about 75 degrees, around the same as outside. They stopped panting for a while, but are now back at it. I have tried just about everything I can think of and I just don't know what else to do...just found a resource for vets and hoping I can find one thats not too far away.

I have a pekin that is about 5 months old and she is always panting- even when not hot. Her sister doesn’t do it. When she was a duckling I worried about it but never found anything wrong. I’ve not taken her to the vet. Now that she’s older I think she’s just in overall poor health- as she is the last in the pecking order and she has been sick a couple times. She also has a slight head and neck deformity from being shipped in the mail so that may be the cause for her poor health. She might have some internal things happening. This is just what I have observed with my one duckling for anyone with similar issues. I wish you the best with yours.

Back
Top Bottom