Parrot Chat

Pics
Screenshot_2019-09-30-09-03-14.png
"pretty sure she is pregnant". :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Someone tell me more about keeping canaries.
@CCUK
I'm in love with your wife's bird.
Yeah! He is a sweetheart :love
Hi @Pyxis. Here's a couple of pics of piper. My wife wanted a canary so we got in touch with a guy across town who breeds them and got this little guy! He's a fife canary. We haven't dare let him out yet but hopefully in the next few days we may try it.
_20190929_174311.JPG
DSC_0420.JPG

He's a little tricky to photograph as he seems to move at lightspeed!
He's got the most beautiful song too.

Well, I am in negotiations about the other cockatiel. They are asking $250 for him and his cage and all his things, which really isn't unreasonable, but I don't need his cage and all his things, so I've asked if they would consider rehoming just him and not all his stuff too.

The reason for rehoming him is that they say he is 'too loud' and they have a small house and he is disturbing the husband's sleep. I don't know why people get parrots and expect them to be quiet, I really do not.

Hmm, I might not get this one. She said that there are some people who are interested in him and all his things, but then asked me what I would pay for just him. So I told her. And then said that really I would like to have him, and I do have a lot of experience and could provide a good home, but I really don't want to pay for a cage and other things I don't need just to have them kicking around the house. I suppose I could get him cage and all and then try to sell the cage, but who knows if I would be able to sell it off quickly.

Edit: Nope I take it back, she got back to me and says she actually is happy that I have experience and that he would have a friend here. So, I think I will get him, lol.

Last edited:
Meet Rio. I don't know if I will keep that name or not.

rio 1.JPG

He (or she) is extremely friendly. I had him step up to get him out of the carrier and he was fine with that. He has immediately found his food dish and is being a weirdo with it and getting all the way inside it, so I'm going to have to order a smaller crock, lol.

He also is playing with the little loofa rings toy next to the dish. He doesn't seem very upset about the move.

Nope, I take it back, now he's on my shoulder because he was begging me to take him out of the cage.

I haven't gotten a response on my reply for the cockatiels yet.

I have more pictures of Nemo and Winter though.

View attachment 1922132 View attachment 1922133 View attachment 1922134 View attachment 1922137
They look like a match made in heaven! He looks so big!
Meet Rio. I don't know if I will keep that name or not.

View attachment 1922217

He (or she) is extremely friendly. I had him step up to get him out of the carrier and he was fine with that. He has immediately found his food dish and is being a weirdo with it and getting all the way inside it, so I'm going to have to order a smaller crock, lol.

He also is playing with the little loofa rings toy next to the dish. He doesn't seem very upset about the move.

Nope, I take it back, now he's on my shoulder because he was begging me to take him out of the cage.
Nice one! He looks very happy. Did you have to buy all his old cage too?

Back
Top Bottom