Parrot Chat

Pics
Nice one! He looks very happy. Did you have to buy all his old cage too?

Nope, she decided to let me have him without his cage :) So he's in the big cockatiel palace cage I have. Currently he is having some lunch while standing entirely in his food bowl, lol.

Well, I texted his former owner a little bit more and it sounds like Rio is just now five months old. So I might see some molting start in the next month or so and know what gender he really is then. Or if I get antsy I could do DNA testing, lol.

Well, I texted his former owner a little bit more and it sounds like Rio is just now five months old. So I might see some molting start in the next month or so and know what gender he really is then. Or if I get antsy I could do DNA testing, lol.

He or she is probably going to begin showing sex specific behavior soon if not already, namely whistling if you have a boy or crouching when pet on the back if you have a girl.

He or she is probably going to begin showing sex specific behavior soon if not already, namely whistling if you have a boy or crouching when pet on the back if you have a girl.

No whistling or crouching yet :) But I can be patient, since I don't care what gender he ends up being. At least the molt will reveal the gender soonish, lol. For my emus I had to DNA test.

He is very easy to handle; even though we just met, he was fine with me touching his back and wings. I don't think it'll be hard to get him to wear a FlightSuit for safe outdoor excursions, so that will be fun!

Grabbed a bargain yesterday. A small parrot cage came into the yard. I whipped it away before it got binned! It's alot bigger than pipers cage but too small for a large bird.
DSC_0006.JPG

Don't know what I'm going to do with it. Nothing seems to stay empty for long in this house :oops:. I may sell it...or not.

Grabbed a bargain yesterday. A small parrot cage came into the yard. I whipped it away before it got binned! It's alot bigger than pipers cage but too small for a large bird.
View attachment 1924427
Don't know what I'm going to do with it. Nothing seems to stay empty for long in this house :oops:. I may sell it...or not.

Id put your canary in it. He'll use the space.

View attachment 1924427

Yep, that's definitely begging for an inhabitant! Depending what the dimensions and bar spacing are, I bet a cockatiel or a pair of budgies could live happily in there.

Back
Top Bottom