Part flamingo

LT71689

Songster
Jul 5, 2020
Canada
I'm not entirely certain my ducks are ducks. At any given time I'm pretty sure I have well-disguised puppies, or small geese, and sometimes a flamingo

I've checked her feet for any problems and she has no issues with them the rest of the day, but after a swim while she's drying off Melba likes to work on her balancing act. Most of the time it's multiple yoga stretches but sometimes she just flamingos

I know nothing of ducks (a little of chickens) but I think you have a future gymnast on your hands...and I love what I can see of your setup!
we do LOTS of yoga now that we've got the wings to balance

IMG_3366.JPG
IMG_3376.JPG

She'll do lots of yogas the rest of the day too but I only see her flamingo after swimming while she's up on the daybed with me.

The set up is actually just a big kids pool with my daybed pulled up to the side so they can hop out and sit with me. and some raggedy planters they've destroyed in the back 😂

Well it looks great! Thinking of possibly adding ducks to our family next year.
They're a handful, but theyve also been absolutely incredible. Mine came to me as "fosters" back in june and they're heading to their forever farm in a week and a half, its breaking my heart to think of them leaving. I had no idea they'd be so freakin cool and fun and weird and silly and intriguing. They really are feathered dogs.

I had a crested Swedish that would sleep like that. Lol. Tuck one foot up, tuck her head under her wing, and snooze. They’re odd birds. xD
oh my god i'd love that. Occasionally they'll tuck their heads back to sleep standing up after swims and its the funniest thing to me (we're all sitting on a giant pillow, lay down you dummies) Theres something about tucking their heads back that always looks so sassy, granted they're usually doing it when I want them to get out of the pool but they're perfectly content to spend their whole night on the water so I might be reading into it 😂

Apparently ask and ye shall receive - little flamingo tried napping like that this afternoon (it didnt last, she eventually laid down)

Back
Top Bottom