Partridge Wyandottes??? Opinions please - pics

Lovesdisney

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Central Kentucky
My daughter (8 yrs old) got a pair of partridge wyandottes this past Sunday. I had never seen them before, but they were beautiful and I am a sucker. I would like your thoughts on this pair please!! She mostly shows at local fairs, etc. But she would eventually like to do larger shows. I don't know enough about them.... well obviously since I had never seen them before. They are appx 7 months. They said she just started laying a couple weeks ago. So far we have gotten an egg each of the 3 days we have had her. He is currently molting.

Thanks for any thoughts.

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6463.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! Are they show quality??

Your name made me giggle. We have a pair of partridge silkies. The hen is punky and the roo is bruster... Love it
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks! Are they show quality??

Your name made me giggle. We have a pair of partridge silkies. The hen is punky and the roo is bruster... Love it
smile.png

lol, I'm sure that's happened before..

I'm not a judge, but I think you've got a pretty decent pair here; decent type and color, a nice start! The male has to grow some feathers, too.

They are bantam... I didn't know there was a large fowl? They are appx the same size as her bantam Cochins. They had been in a pen. Not handled much. I was expecting a couple weeks to handle them much but they have calmed right down and she was driving her power wheelchair with them in her lap today.... Larger birds are hard for her to handle.

They would not do well in competition in an open show. Type is poor on both;they are long & flat in the back & lack the roundness a good Wyandotte should have. The females colour isn't bad but her legs appear to be white, they should be yellow. The male carries his wing too low & his feathers appear narrow & stringy.

Back
Top Bottom