Partridge Wyandottes??? Opinions please - pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Lovesdisney, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Lovesdisney

Lovesdisney Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    My daughter (8 yrs old) got a pair of partridge wyandottes this past Sunday. I had never seen them before, but they were beautiful and I am a sucker. I would like your thoughts on this pair please!! She mostly shows at local fairs, etc. But she would eventually like to do larger shows. I don't know enough about them.... well obviously since I had never seen them before. They are appx 7 months. They said she just started laying a couple weeks ago. So far we have gotten an egg each of the 3 days we have had her. He is currently molting.

Thanks for any thoughts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    Nice !

3. Sherrykinney

Sherrykinney New Egg

May 14, 2011
    Very Pretty birds ,love the look im going to have to look for me some

4. Lovesdisney

Apr 16, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Quote:Thanks! Are they show quality??

Your name made me giggle. We have a pair of partridge silkies. The hen is punky and the roo is bruster... Love it [​IMG]

5. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    Quote:Thanks! Are they show quality??

Your name made me giggle. We have a pair of partridge silkies. The hen is punky and the roo is bruster... Love it [​IMG]

lol, I'm sure that's happened before..

I'm not a judge, but I think you've got a pretty decent pair here; decent type and color, a nice start! The male has to grow some feathers, too.

6. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Like the roo. Would love to see pix next spring.

7. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    [​IMG] they look nice.

8. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    They look bantam? Or are the LF?

9. Lovesdisney

Apr 16, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    They are bantam... I didn't know there was a large fowl? They are appx the same size as her bantam Cochins. They had been in a pen. Not handled much. I was expecting a couple weeks to handle them much but they have calmed right down and she was driving her power wheelchair with them in her lap today.... Larger birds are hard for her to handle.

10. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    They would not do well in competition in an open show. Type is poor on both;they are long & flat in the back & lack the roundness a good Wyandotte should have. The females colour isn't bad but her legs appear to be white, they should be yellow. The male carries his wing too low & his feathers appear narrow & stringy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by