Passwords

PartridgeRooster

Songster
9 Years
Oct 11, 2010
Why can't we make our own passwords. Its hard to remember these jumbled ones and who's going to hack into this account, there's nothing to gain.

Quote:
You can, go to the word profile in the blue bar at the top of the page.
It's under essentials.
Imp

Last edited:
Quote:
they dont generaly do it for the obvious unless it is of course a VIP account-some hackers will hijack accounts to show up security issues in forums,to make users aware that better security is needed...
some hackers hijack established accounts because they are suddenly in control of a trusted and likeable user and can pretend to be them for various reasons,including getting money and infecting peoples computers,sometimes its because it gives them a sense of authority and manipulation of a community depending on how popular the hijacked user is...
some hackers hijack purely to be destructive and show off,waving their stolen account list arround like a hunter with their prize catches...
some hackers will go through amazing lengths to hijack a majority of accounts on some forums-firstly stealing a database,manually decrypting each hashed password-changing each password and wiping the users recovery email addresses-all so they can cause maximum disruption or get popularity throughout the internet.
-what a lot of people dont know is some of these hackers go on to sell the original accounts connected email address to spammers,leaving the owners vulnerable to phishing,spam etc.

^by the way-am into specific fields of hacking but have never done any of that,have strong morals against black hat methods.

always use a long password with mixed characters- lowercase letters/capitals/numbers/special characters if allowed,makes it harder to be brute forced but if ever a website had its database stolen it makes it far harder for hackers to decrypt hashes,some can be next to impossible.

mine are always around this length- **************************************** due to the insight that have with hackers.

I made pretty much every password of mine my BYC 'jumbled letters'. It's so hard for hackers to guess, and I have it memorized after almost 2 years.

You can make your own passwords....

230_change_password.jpg

Just FYI, we rarely delete posts. By leaving this thread on the forum, for example, the info is available to anyone searching for "password" or "change password."

Just goes to show how much can be learned just by searching the site.

Back
Top Bottom