Paying it Forward...... Free Eggs Winners PG 5 Announced..

I am not sure I am so deserving of them but I would so love to have some turkey eggs so my dd can show a turkey at the fair this year. She has been wanting to do this for a while and well I just cannot find an excuse that is good enough for DH to let her have one. LOL. You are so sweet to offer this and you know God is looking out for all of us. That is why we are all here to help out where and when we can and be on the receiving when we need that as well.

Hugs to you and whomever is the great recipient of the pay it forward. I love to do that too whenever I can just because. That makes it all fun!

First let me say this is a wonderful thing you are doing. I would be honored to have some of your eggs. Here is why.
I ventured into the world of chickens with my elderly father as a way of spending some very needed quality time with him.
My father is retired Air Force, lives alone (with his dog Clyde) as a result of a divorce. My mother re married ,my father did not. My sister & brother have their own families & no time to spend running to the country to see my father. I have recently moved within a few miles of him and am currently unemployed. This now makes me close and available to my father.
Seems like in the past few years all of my friends have been losing their parents, So this got me thinking more about my dad, and how I needed to spend more time with him while I still had the chance. I began to visit him more but when I was there there just wasn't anything to do. Then that got me to thinking... Hummm He used to have chickens as a kid & here also a few years back. Then he lost all of his small flock to straydogs except 1 roo which he had up until this last New Years when a hawk got him. He had that roo for 5 years.That was a sad day for my father. Any way since he had a coop already.... Why not raise chickens & eggs together ! Well he agreed and also thought this would be a great project for us to do together. I have been over there everyday faithfully ever since.He is the brains and I am the muscle! Ha Ha !
We started out by repairing the old coop built a new 8x16 addition on to the side of it. Rescued 6 BR hens& 1 light Brahma roo for a local couple that had to many too keep, & got a free White Rock hen from a BYCer that lives close to our area. We are now getting 7 eggs almost everyday from 7 hens. We share our eggs with friends , family & neighbors. We have built a homemade bator which currently has 9 of our own eggs in it.
Yesterday I'm at my fathers and he says we need another bator that will hold more eggs. He wants to start some designer chickens of our own. So I guess this week we will be either buying or making another bator. We will need sme different breeds to start our own line.
This is why I (we) would love to have some of your wonderful eggs. Please keep us in mind when making your final decisions as I know it will not be an easy choice for you, there are so many on here that are so deserving I am sure. Thank you !

edited my horrible spelling !

Last edited:
give to giasmom, she is deserving of them, i can say i have had contact with gia in some of my posts, and she is very nice, and helps when i have needed help, and she checks in on a post or two of mine and gives me great and helpful advice. i feel gia is "paying it forward" helping others help themself and the itty bitty babies,chickens ect. and thats why i nominate giasmom!!!
woot.gif

thanks giasmom

oh yeah did i say she seems to be a very kind person as well /\\.
D.gif

I would love your eggs but I want to nominate Mom2Munchkins. She is trying to build her flock on a limited budget and I would love her daughters to enjoy growing up with chickens. The way it makes my kids smile even after a horrible day is something ever parent deserves to see.

I nominate Mom2Munchkins!!!

Well, I think everyone on BYC is worthy of free eggs, and I think everyone should end up sending someone free eggs just once. When I get more than 2 eggs, I will end up doing that.

I usually don't put down for free eggs, it feels like begging, but since I am starting my Buff Orpington project, I feel like it's time to be humbled. My life has been a country song the past week. My husband left me (well, for business, he'll be back) my dog died, my car broke down, I was stranded in the hot desert of Tombstone without a ride. If that's not the makings of a sad story and a country song I don't know what else would be. So, for the sake of pity on me, consider me for hatching your little ones
smile.png

Can I nominate someone who isn't on byc yet? After they get the computer fixed they'd like to check us out.

Geraldine is a wonderful caring woman. She has lost both of her grown children-and a daughter-in-law to tragedies and is now raising her grandchildren. To top it off her x-husband died last month to cancer. After loosing the family she and her x had developed a close relationship again.

She is on a fixed income, but has asked that I help her fix up a dog lot for chickens. She says she doesn't care what type of chickens, but wants them to give her grandson something to feel good about (although I think she's going to enjoy them a LOT also). They love coming over to see my flock. I was going to get eggs off of byc and hatch for her. It's only the three of them now and they absolutly cling to one another. they are SO loving to everyone they meet.

ps to karen, even if not chosen I'd still like to talk to you about getting eggs to hatch for them...

this is wonderful of you to do...thanks

edited to say that I hope I'm able to do this for someone in the future...

Last edited:
The people on the BYC are the greatest!
smile.png
I have seen a few people doing this now and once I am in the position to do so, I will do the same.
Its a warm feeling to look at these threads and see eggs go to people who deserve them!
(Though as one of the other posters said, we are ALL deserving!
smile.png
)

Back
Top Bottom