Paypal queston-invoice?

Farmer Kitty

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 18, 2007
Wisconsin
I've got a web-site on Webs.com for my crafts and I'm setting up the webstore with paypal. My question is, does paypal send you an invoice with what was ordered and the person's info (name, address, email, phone) or how is that done? I see no place on the webstore for them to create a user account or am I missing something?

Last edited:
I haven't sold anything with Paypal, but I assume it generates an invoice with all the details and e-mails it to you, just like the receipt that the customer gets. Do you want me to try it out for you? Just PM me...

Last edited by a moderator:
I sell on eBay, using paypal, I'm not sure if it is the same on other selling sites, but on eBay, when you request money/send an invoice, yes, paypal sends an invoice with all the details of the transaction.
Both the seller and buyer need a paypal account, and you both sign in to either send an invoice, if you are the seller, or pay a bill, if you are the buyer.
Hope that helps!

Quote:
Agreed. Make sure that you only ship to the verified PayPal address. If you ship to any other address, Paypal will find in favor of the customer regardless of anything else...

Thank you.

mac in abilene, thank you for the offer but, it isn't up and running yet. I just signed up today for the paypal and have to wait for their transaction to go through to the bank.

Farmer Kitty, My customers place their order from my web-site, phone, mail, or fax so 'we' and 'they' know the total. They will tell me how they plan to pay. If paying by paypal, Pay Pay will send YOU a confirmation that a buyer (name) has used their service and will tell you the amount but not necessarily list the item sold. Then at this point you leave the $ in the paypal account (which comes in handy if you want to buy) or you can transfer the funds to your bank account. I hope this helps.

Henry'schickens :

Farmer Kitty, My customers place their order from my web-site, phone, mail, or fax so 'we' and 'they' know the total. They will tell me how they plan to pay. If paying by paypal, Pay Pay will send YOU a confirmation that a buyer (name) has used their service and will tell you the amount but not necessarily list the item sold. Then at this point you leave the $ in the paypal account (which comes in handy if you want to buy) or you can transfer the funds to your bank account. I hope this helps.

That's just because they sent a pre-arranged amount. If the web store is setup properly, it will give a full invoices and receipts with addresses, items purchased, shipping and handling and taxes incurred:

Payment Details

Purchased From:xxxxx
Transaction ID:xxxxxxx

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
370151564473 Sherline LM1000 Trailer Tongue Weight Scale 1 $104.00 USD $104.00 USD

Shipping & Handling via Other (see description) to 796XX
(includes any seller handling fees) $14.00 USD
Shipping Insurance (not offered): --

Total: $118.00 USD​

Quote:
That's just because they sent a pre-arranged amount. If the web store is setup properly, it will give a full invoices and receipts with addresses, items purchased, shipping and handling and taxes incurred:

Payment Details

Purchased From:xxxxx
Transaction ID:xxxxxxx

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
370151564473 Sherline LM1000 Trailer Tongue Weight Scale 1 $104.00 USD $104.00 USD

Shipping & Handling via Other (see description) to 796XX
(includes any seller handling fees) $14.00 USD
Shipping Insurance (not offered): --

Total: $118.00 USD

Then I hope I do things right! Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom