Peacock escapees.......... fun chase through woods and over fences.

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
Well, I went out to feed up my pheasants and got the strange feeling something was staring at me from the woods.... tuned around and 2 peahens and a male were looking back at me over the fence.... on the one side , five acres NOT fenced in. GREAT. So I go and try to scare them back over towards the fenced in property so they can see the peapen.... nope, they were'nt having it and a chase insuded throughout the woods, across the road, through more woods..... I told hubby to go get Slim Jim, my hand tame male and put him out in the open fenced pasture so they could see him. Like a champ, Slimmy strutted around and started calling..... more chasing through the woods, I almost stepped on a black snake enjoying some sun..... back across the road, through the other five acres ( we have to fence also).... then FINALLY, they jumped into the fenced in property and flew back to towards the pen. I let out my two tame peagirls with Slimmy and let all of the group out to spend the day walking around, then come bedtime I opened the door to the pen and called Slimmy and the girls. The others followed and the chase was over. Still not sure how they got out, except a shallow spot at the bottom in one area. Put boards all around and then took a nap.. hehe thank goodness for tame pea's

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom