1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Peacock escapees.......... fun chase through woods and over fences.

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by chickenzoo, Apr 8, 2012.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Well, I went out to feed up my pheasants and got the strange feeling something was staring at me from the woods.... tuned around and 2 peahens and a male were looking back at me over the fence.... on the one side , five acres NOT fenced in. GREAT. So I go and try to scare them back over towards the fenced in property so they can see the peapen.... nope, they were'nt having it and a chase insuded throughout the woods, across the road, through more woods..... I told hubby to go get Slim Jim, my hand tame male and put him out in the open fenced pasture so they could see him. Like a champ, Slimmy strutted around and started calling..... more chasing through the woods, I almost stepped on a black snake enjoying some sun..... back across the road, through the other five acres ( we have to fence also).... then FINALLY, they jumped into the fenced in property and flew back to towards the pen. I let out my two tame peagirls with Slimmy and let all of the group out to spend the day walking around, then come bedtime I opened the door to the pen and called Slimmy and the girls. The others followed and the chase was over. Still not sure how they got out, except a shallow spot at the bottom in one area. Put boards all around and then took a nap.. hehe thank goodness for tame pea's

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by