http://marans.eu/accueila.htm#LA MARANS

Fun website to have a look at. Denmark, Germany, UK, Australia and USA all have clubs, and of course France.

shipping to greece is trouble. I got damaged eggs from france a few years ago. first time in may, second time in september. I gave it up.

a byc member from australia promissed me to send some eggs. he has a friend who will change the plane in athens so he will bring me the eggs. :fl

shipping to greece is trouble. I got damaged eggs from france a few years ago. first time in may, second time in september. I gave it up.

a byc member from australia promissed me to send some eggs. he has a friend who will change the plane in athens so he will bring me the eggs. :fl
are you sure he is allowed to bring eggs into the EU? He might face a fine at the airport. Or is he flying to Australia?

are you sure he is allowed to bring eggs into the EU? He might face a fine at the airport. Or is he flying to Australia?

he is flying from australia to uk. a friend of mine who has a farm near athens wanted to import eggs from australia but cost of shipping is too high. he says only if someone is travelling can bring 50-60 eggs.

Both my broody pirates took a walk in the run about an hour ago. I took the opportunity to pick up 4 eggs to listen. 2 eggs where peeping. One quite loud. 😘 So something is alive and kicking!

@chickengr As far as I know there are restrictions on bringing eggs from other continents. Fines can be enormous if caught and not registered properly.

Both my broody pirates took a walk in the run about an hour ago. I took the opportunity to pick up 4 eggs to listen. 2 eggs where peeping. One quite loud. 😘 So something is alive and kicking!

@chickengr As far as I know there are restrictions on bringing eggs from other continents. Fines can be enormous if caught and not registered properly.

I will check it on time. there are different rules for different countries. eg. I wanted to import some eggs from india and that was impossible. the rules for australia are more flexible. but the rules change all the time.

Hello fellow European peeps! It's been a minute.
Anyone got any recommendations on lower budget brands and types easily available in Europe?

oops just saw it's manual turning so that sucks...also check out the brand covatutto.
Very popular here are the Romanian incubators. Don't know the brand, I will have to search , but they are widely used, have fully automatic models and pricewise would be considered cheap for you.
I was considering buying covatutto and I asked the local distributor to give me phone numbers of other customers so I can call them and ask them for opinion. He gave me 2 phone numbers, I spoke with both people who had bought covatutto and they both independently told me not to buy as the Romanians were the same quality but 5 times cheaper. Both of these Covatutto customers had Romanian incubators as well and were able to compare.
I have spoken on the phone with Borotto people, and Francesca the sales lady is very nice and they told me for purchases over 200€ shipping is free in Europe.

And both my broody turkeys are doing fine, broody Leghorn doing well (she somehow manages to get out of the nest every 4th day!!!). Mama Silky lost a chick, the neighbors' cat visited us while the dog was asleep... I am sad as this was my one of two araucana chicks (no more green eggs)...
And I have two of the incubators hatching tomorrow, 100 chicks altogether...
My Dutch eggs are surprisingly ok in the 3rd and 4th incubators. Only 2 eggs arrived cracked and 2 were with detached aircell (which I sow after 5 days in the incubator). I was disappointed though as Friesland hen eggs were bantham.. I was expecting LF (SZ) but I am not even sure that breed has LF..

Back
Top Bottom