T
That's a lot of chicks! Do you raise chickens for meat?
Fries Hoen are fairly small chickens, yes. There isn't a LF variety of them. Supposedly very good egg layers though. They're also a rare heritage breed, so I'm happy to learn there's people interested in them! (As well as any other dutch heritage breeds, chickens as well as other animals!)

I'd love to see some pictures of the chicks once they hatch :love What made you decide to get the Friesland hens?
I hatch for other people for free, something like a charity. People here keep chicken mainly for eggs. I have a large (for my country) flock of around 40 chicken mainly layers + my own layers crosses (I sell eggs).
In April there was a truck with humanitarian aid coming from the NL to me and I asked the senders to buy me some Dutch eggs so I can hatch some rare breeds for myself. The Dutch man is not a chickener so he randomly found some Dutch eggs and put on the truck. I ended up with uilenbaard, barnevelder kriel, cochin and Fryske hinnen. I was hoping to receive some Lakenvelders (we don't have this breed here), but he could not find. There is another truck leaving Krimpen aan de Lek soon and coming to Bulgaria, so I may try to organise some eggs for it.
Once the eggs hatch I will show you pictures.
Good luck with your hatch!!! I am sorry about the chick... it's always the special ones.
Thank you. Yours look like chicken for meat?
Tadaa.. 🎉
On this last day of april three chicks hatched. All safe under mama Pearl.
Mama Black , on the right , is still waiting for her first.
Are these the bantham RIR?

T

I hatch for other people for free, something like a charity. People here keep chicken mainly for eggs. I have a large (for my country) flock of around 40 chicken mainly layers + my own layers crosses (I sell eggs).
In April there was a truck with humanitarian aid coming from the NL to me and I asked the senders to buy me some Dutch eggs so I can hatch some rare breeds for myself. The Dutch man is not a chickener so he randomly found some Dutch eggs and put on the truck. I ended up with uilenbaard, barnevelder kriel, cochin and Fryske hinnen. I was hoping to receive some Lakenvelders (we don't have this breed here), but he could not find. There is another truck leaving Krimpen aan de Lek soon and coming to Bulgaria, so I may try to organise some eggs for it.
Once the eggs hatch I will show you pictures.

Thank you. Yours look like chicken for meat?

Are these the bantham RIR?
Yes, they are a dual purpose breed. I do use them for meat but enjoy their eggs too.

Tadaa.. 🎉
On this last day of april three chicks hatched. All safe under mama Pearl.
AE9740F0-B21D-4D93-B998-84FDD9CE5ED5.jpeg

Mama Black , on the right , is still waiting for her first.
How sweet!!! Congratulations!!! How did I miss that post yesterday??? So exciting! Have you gotten more since then?

Back
Top Bottom