You have a strange long time experience Chickengr.
I do watch, not everything but maybe 75%.

remember when croatia won? after that happened the war in ex yugoslavia. when ukraine won the next thing was war overthere. again ukraine won and the war is still going on. coincidence? I am tired now to think about other countries and other times.

remember when croatia won? after that happened the war in ex yugoslavia. when ukraine won the next thing was war overthere. again ukraine won and the war is still going on. coincidence? I am tired now to think about other countries and other times.
Last year the war in Ukraine had begon a few months before the EU song festival.
But if you don’t like the contest thats fine.

Would you like a chicken contest instead?
4 chicks and 1 hen: make 5 points. 🐥🐥🐥🐥🐓

Attachments

• IMG_1524.jpeg
    IMG_1524.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I don't watch it either. Don't care for the songs... and who wins. It doesn't seem to be about songs anymore.
I didn’t watch for several years because i found the Dutch comments very annoying. But nowadays its much less/better and they let the sometimes humorous English presenters talk without overruling.
I like to look at the bombastic , sometimes over the top shows. The decors are amazing original from time to time. The singers and songs itself are often not great and partly copies of a successful previous winner. But there are always a few that are worthwhile to look at.

Looking at the show is nice in combination with BYC on my mobile for the dull moments.

Hello 🤗,
We have 8 lively chicks now :). 3 boys and 5 girls. All survived the first week, all look super healthy and mommy is a great protector and super caring for her chicks. The babies are allowed to do anything (even picking her eyes :confused:) . Out older bunch of hens is great too... They ignore the little ones completely :D. We already opened the gates, everyone is mingling together and it just works great 👍.
Greetings to the world :)
IMG-20230529-WA0005.jpg

Hello 🤗,
We have 8 lively chicks now :). 3 boys and 5 girls. All survived the first week, all look super healthy and mommy is a great protector and super caring for her chicks. The babies are allowed to do anything (even picking her eyes :confused:) . Out older bunch of hens is great too... They ignore the little ones completely :D. We already opened the gates, everyone is mingling together and it just works great 👍.
Greetings to the world :)
View attachment 3525198
Congrats!
So beautiful. 😍

Which gates? Do you let them free range or do you keep them in the run?

IMG_1721.jpeg
My chicks are almost 4 weeks now.

Congrats!
So beautiful. 😍

Which gates? Do you let them free range or do you keep them in the run?

View attachment 3525996My chicks are almost 4 weeks now.

We had a brooder setup within the actual run of the older hens. Merely a small cage with even smaller box for the broody to sit on the eggs without being disturbed by the others. Of course she had everything in her she needed. For the first two days we kept her and the little ones in there. Then one of the little ones escaped. The others didn't attack it immediately, so we gave it it try and let the broody and all the other little ones out, too. It worked perfectly fine, so they're allowed to mingle now. The older hens aren't allowed to get close to the little ones or mommy puffs up and growls :D. Usually they get a few hours of "free range" per day. Free raining means they're within our fenced backyard of about 600m2... The older hens are enjoying it, but the broody stays pretty close to the run under the big walnut tree. I guess she's right, as we have loads of crows and I think they're the biggest daytime thread for the small ones in the moment.

Back
Top Bottom