Are those bantam Vorwerk? The ones with the orange head?

Yes, those are Vorwerks. The ones with the eyeliner are Dutch and I have 1 hatched yellow Sussex chick, and one that peeped a big hole (and alive) .

IMG_1466.jpeg

IMG_1469.jpeg

One egg was rotten. That makes min 8 and max 10 chicks from 11 eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_1446.jpeg
    IMG_1446.jpeg
    462.1 KB · Views: 1
Oh now I wasn't checking for a few weeks and everyone has new chicks :eek:. Congrats to you all and the nice little fluffy balls :).
We finally got our own broody :weeshe is sitting on 13 eggs since Friday evening... She does a great job so far. Before we gave her the real eggs she was already sitting for three days on fake ones... She is getting up on herself, pooping, drinking, eating..., she even managed the move to the brooder (she couldn't stay in the usual nesting box, the other hens where simply laying on top of her, because she was - of course - sitting in the most favorite box). It's all running like it is in the textbook so far, so cross your fingers :D. That's the whole reason I'm writing actually... For you to cross your fingers :D. (Well and I had to tell someone or I would blast with excitement :wee)

Oh now I wasn't checking for a few weeks and everyone has new chicks :eek:. Congrats to you all and the nice little fluffy balls :).
We finally got our own broody :weeshe is sitting on 13 eggs since Friday evening... She does a great job so far. Before we gave her the real eggs she was already sitting for three days on fake ones... She is getting up on herself, pooping, drinking, eating..., she even managed the move to the brooder (she couldn't stay in the usual nesting box, the other hens where simply laying on top of her, because she was - of course - sitting in the most favorite box). It's all running like it is in the textbook so far, so cross your fingers :D. That's the whole reason I'm writing actually... For you to cross your fingers :D. (Well and I had to tell someone or I would blast with excitement :wee)
Good luck!

Ugh lost this thread. Your babies are the CUTEST things in existence!
Yes they are a really cute bunch. Only informed you wrong. The yellow chick must be some kind of light coloured Dutch. I don’t have light Sussex but red speckled Sussex.
IMG_1512.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1503.jpeg
    IMG_1503.jpeg
    552.1 KB · Views: 1
Yes they are a really cute bunch. Only informed you wrong. The yellow chick must be some kind of light coloured Dutch. I don’t have light Sussex but red speckled Sussex.
View attachment 3500825

It's fine, don't worry about it, they're still adorable! The vorwerks especially interest me, though I don't know if I'd ever keep them myself. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom