The last example in the video shows the rubber is put on a chick with feathered feet.
I saw but that was not really heavy feathered, I have Dutch booted bantams and their foot deathers are already quite long at 15 days.
20200603_193556.jpg

I saw but that was not really heavy feathered, I have Dutch booted bantams and their foot deathers are already quite long at 15 days.View attachment 2181497
cutie!!!
What do you want to mark them for? If you are not showing you could mark them with an permanent marker.
Or I could imagine these... https://stengel-fussring.com/produkt/gefluegel-arten/huehner/easy-flex-farbring/
they come with these pliers to open them https://stengel-fussring.com/produk...er/ringzange-easy-flex-ring-pliers-easy-flex/
But don't get the ones that look like a snail... they don't work with the pliers and are extremely hard to open.
I could imagine spiral rings working as well...

The head of my breeding club is breeding dutch booted bantams and he is using wing tags.... not my thing at all... I could not get myself to tag them thru the wings.

cutie!!!
What do you want to mark them for? If you are not showing you could mark them with an permanent marker.
Or I could imagine these... https://stengel-fussring.com/produkt/gefluegel-arten/huehner/easy-flex-farbring/
they come with these pliers to open them https://stengel-fussring.com/produk...er/ringzange-easy-flex-ring-pliers-easy-flex/
But don't get the ones that look like a snail... they don't work with the pliers and are extremely hard to open.
I could imagine spiral rings working as well...

The head of my breeding club is breeding dutch booted bantams and he is using wing tags.... not my thing at all... I could not get myself to tag them thru the wings.
I want to mark them for identification, I have 3 blond chicks and 3 chipmunck chicks who all look identical for me and I like to track better at wat is happening to wich bird. So my tracking system is probably temporary untill they have there juvenille feathers. Those click rings I have found but wich size? Adult legs are around 15 mm.
And I will never use tags, I havent pierced my own ears not going to pierce a animal.

Hello,

I'm new here and this thread was recommended to me.

We have chickens since I was a child. I'm from Austria. At the moment we have 14 hens,1 rooster and since thursday 4 chicks.

We have no specific breeds. 1 Maran, 1 Leghorn, 2 Italiener, 1 Araucana, 1 greenlayer (I don't know the breed) the rest are hybrids but we will change that.

If you have any questions just ask :)

Sandra

Hello,

I'm new here and this thread was recommended to me.

We have chickens since I was a child. I'm from Austria. At the moment we have 14 hens,1 rooster and since thursday 4 chicks.

We have no specific breeds. 1 Maran, 1 Leghorn, 2 Italiener, 1 Araucana, 1 greenlayer (I don't know the breed) the rest are hybrids but we will change that.

If you have any questions just ask :)

Sandra
:welcome and to this thread! :frow

Nice pictures!! We are always open for more chicken pictures... can't get enough :D

Incidently I breed an austrian breed. Sulmtaler. Just love them!

Hello Everyone!
First of all, I see that we have a few new friends here! Welcome to the best thread of this website! Well I think so!

So I've been out of touch for a short time. We are rebuilding the roof on the house, repainting the house, making a shooting range in the attic (son shoots at the state level/national lever) and turning our terrace into a glass winter garden. A lot of work and stress. But I have not forgotten you! Every morning I say, today I will go on-line, but something comes up.

Nothing new to report from me. However, my son has started his own flock of quail! He bought 6 of them (7 weeks old) and put them in the old coop. Only problem is, quail will not go into a coop on their at night, so he has to go and put them in. And then the eggs are soooo small! You have to look in the run to find them! They lay them where ever they are standing at the moment!

Ok, coffee pause is over! Later!

Back
Top Bottom