View attachment 3532463My broodies and chicks are doing great. They spend some time the grass every day now.
They love it for a short time and return after 1/2 hour (under supervision) to the run by themselves.

View attachment 3532459
One month old now.
I can't imagine that mine will look so big in just two and a half weeks ...
But they're growing so fast... They get the tiniest of tail feathers now.

I just realized that I don't have any current pictures of my boys. Shame on me!!
I got 6 Augsburger hens left and about 5 roosters... the rest will probably get butchered in about a week. Hopefully I can find someone who is willing to adopt them... but so far no luck.

Attachments

• Augsburger 1.jpg
    Augsburger 1.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 8
I just realized that I don't have any current pictures of my boys. Shame on me!!
I got 6 Augsburger hens left and about 5 roosters... the rest will probably get butchered in about a week. Hopefully I can find someone who is willing to adopt them... but so far no luck.

That comb is lovely! I'm wondering if they're recognized by the EAP

We had a visit from the fox this morning. Luckily our run is dog proof, so the fox did not stand a chance. But our ladies freaked out none the less. After about ten minutes he gave up.
It's been out first time. Normally the predators are happy with the neighbouring chicken... All less guarded then ours. (Less fences and no dogs or children running around 12 hours a day). But ours are the only big ones... Mostly were surrounded by bantam chicken... Maybe he needed a big meal today;)
IMG-20230608-WA0000.jpg

We had a visit from the fox this morning. Luckily our run is dog proof, so the fox did not stand a chance. But our ladies freaked out none the less. After about ten minutes he gave up.
It's been out first time. Normally the predators are happy with the neighbouring chicken... All less guarded then ours. (Less fences and no dogs or children running around 12 hours a day). But ours are the only big ones... Mostly were surrounded by bantam chicken... Maybe he needed a big meal today;)
View attachment 3533596

Sometimes foxes like to visit new locations, because visiting the same location over and over builds up scent markings, which means more chances of another fox coming over to see what the hype is about, which means competition. But it could just be that the fox wanted LF birds :p

Back
Top Bottom