Pekin Duck Club!

Has anyone had any luck hatching pekin eggs naturally? I usually just remove the eggs and sell them but am thinking I may leave a couple for her to sit on. Silly question but... will she just keep laying a new egg each day in the nest? How long will it take for them to hatch? I thought I read somewhere that Pekin's don't make the best parents?

Thanks, wildsam. It's not important for me to keep any of the males, except that the female will be lonely. I definately do not want more females as this point. Maybe next year

I have what appear to be four drakes and one female. They're Pekins and close to 10 weeks old. I also have 5 muscovy females and one male which are housed separately. I was thinking that as the Pekins get older, two of the drakes will have to go, since a 4 to 1 ratio is not going work. Is that correct?

you may have to re-home three of the drakes.

I have what appear to be four drakes and one female. They're Pekins and close to 10 weeks old. I also have 5 muscovy females and one male which are housed separately. I was thinking that as the Pekins get older, two of the drakes will have to go, since a 4 to 1 ratio is not going work. Is that correct?
Where are you located? I am in North east Wisconsin and I am looking for a drake.

Has anyone had any luck hatching pekin eggs naturally? I usually just remove the eggs and sell them but am thinking I may leave a couple for her to sit on. Silly question but... will she just keep laying a new egg each day in the nest? How long will it take for them to hatch? I thought I read somewhere that Pekin's don't make the best parents?

I have a hen that started out sitting on 18 eggs. She has been sitting them for three weeks, she started throwing out some eggs this week. Some of the eggs she discarded were not fertile, some had died in the eggs. She is down to 9 eggs, I'll let you know in a week how she does. Typically, Pekin do not brood well.

Back
Top Bottom