Pekin duck staph infection

susanlachasse

In the Brooder
Sep 17, 2018
I have a 7 year old pekin duck weighing 7.5 pounds. I went to a livestock doctor who gave me Amoxicillin Clavulate Potassium Tabs 500/125mg. She dosed at twice a day. That seems like a lot for my little duck. Anyone have a dosage on this and can confirm this sounds correct. Thank you

I have a 7 year old pekin duck weighing 7.5 pounds. I went to a livestock doctor who gave me Amoxicillin Clavulate Potassium Tabs 500/125mg. She dosed at twice a day. That seems like a lot for my little duck. Anyone have a dosage on this and can confirm this sounds correct. Thank you
Welcome to BYC!
It's at the high end of the range, but okay. The amoxicillin dose for poultry is very high compared to other species.

Is she eating? The green poo is probably from the infection. How much longer on the meds? and can you post a pic of her and her poo @casportpony can look at the poo pic and maybe tell you what to do for that. But if you have some probiotics that can help. Antibiotics kill off bad and good bacteria in the gut and can cause tummy upset.

Back
Top Bottom