Is a vet an option by any chance? The reason I ask is because there are diseases that can also cause issues like these and a vet can diagnose and treat many of them.

So I guess they could've gotten into something before we got them?

Usually you’ll notice symptoms within a day to a few days after ingesting something toxic depending on what it is and how much of it they swallowed, if you’ve gotten them recently then it’s a possibility, if you’ve had them for a little while then it could be something that’s been ongoing like a deficiency or a virus or bacterial infection that’s just now manifesting.

Is a vet an option by any chance? The reason I ask is because there are diseases that can also cause issues like these and a vet can diagnose and treat many of them.
We took her to a vet and he basically knew nothing and talked to us about the same things wer already googled... and still charged us. We have an appointment with the avian vet on 10/6 (first available appt). They are super busy because the state college where we live is not accepting patients.

We took her to a vet and he basically knew nothing and talked to us about the same things wer already googled... and still charged us. We have an appointment with the avian vet on 10/6 (first available appt). They are super busy because the state college where we live is not accepting patients.
That sadly is all too common, I’ve dealt with that too many times myself recently.

The best advice I can give then is to keep them both comfortable and try to keep them eating, the fact that they are still eating is a good sign. If you can get them to eat tomatoes, cucumber, melon, it can keep them hydrated and flush their system.
Maybe try to give them a broader mix of different vitamins in case they’re deficient in one of the others besides the ones they’re getting.

You could try activated charcoal in case they swallowed anything they shouldn’t, it can help bind any toxins that may be lurking in their gi tract, it won’t remove any large pieces if there are any or if they’ve swallowed lead, they’ll need chelation if that’s that’s the case.

Back
Top Bottom