people actually getting along

I also liked the message of them talking about how can others do this. It was fun hearing the chicken ba-gawking in the back! I like that they talk about the tangibles (cheaper to share) and intangible benefits (sense of belonging...). Like I said, it reminds me a lot of the folks I knew from church and friends of mine up in Minnesota. Spiritual, but pragmatic as well.

Quote:
Incidentally, you made me think about the piece of unoccupied land next to me. It's been for sale forever. I'd love to use it to plant stuff on, but it's all woods. Can't easily make that growable for produce, can you? I don't have heavy equipment, money or strong men around, so is there anything that grows well in the woods?

(OTHER THAN THAT REDHEN, don't say it!)

Quote:
Incidentally, you made me think about the piece of unoccupied land next to me. It's been for sale forever. I'd love to use it to plant stuff on, but it's all woods. Can't easily make that growable for produce, can you? I don't have heavy equipment, money or strong men around, so is there anything that grows well in the woods?

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:

Mushrooms* and ginseng both grow in woods.

*obRedhen disclaimer: edible, not psychedelic

Quote:

Berries?

Quote:

Gahhh! I was just thinking ...
gig.gif

I have no clue then if you dont want to grow that...... your no fun.
tongue.png

@littlegorb

I misread your sigline:we do not inherit the land, we borrow it from our children.
as "we do not inherit the land, we borrow it from our chickens"
lol.png

Quote:

Berries?

What kind??

**You could always grow 'shrooms, Laura...
big_smile.png
(since we're on the hippy kick and all)
(OOH never mind..i see ANNA alrady thought of it... Doesnt suprise me...
big_smile.png
)

Last edited:
Quote:

Mushrooms* and ginseng both grow in woods.

*obRedhen disclaimer: edible, not psychedelic

yuckyuck.gif
Good ideas. It's shady woods, so I could see mushrooms doing well. Ginseng?? Never even thought of growing my own Ginseng... would have to look into that!

Back
Top Bottom