People amaze me.. Update

I will leave everything to whoever takes care of all my pets. Keeps them together, etc.
lol.png
Maybe I am crazy.. Who else am I going to give it to?! I've already made arrangements to keep all my five furry pets (+18 chickens and 2 ducks) to my fiance and I's best friend Dylan. He will get the house and everything in it.
roll.png
Good thing it was HIS idea for us to get chickens in the first place!
lol.png

Quote:
Dying the fur... ok thats a lil far... but to each their own as long as it does not harm the animal..

tattooing... its done for ID reasons.... microchips can migrate and or move... there was one dog that came into the clinic he was chilled as a pup but as he grew it traveled down the shoulder no longer in the scruff... some animals also react to chips...

leaving an inheritance... many animals can outlive their owners... If my mom and dad who are 60 die tomorrow (knocks on wood) their 7 yr old dog has a long live still ahead of him... so whats the solution?.. ban anyone over 40 from owning an animal?... not likely to go over very well...many exotic birds can live to 100 yrs old and are quite frequently passed down to the owners children or other family members... If I pass and my family looks after my dogs I truly feel my pet should not be a financial burden on my loved ones.

Quote:
Dying the fur... ok thats a lil far... but to each their own as long as it does not harm the animal..

tattooing... its done for ID reasons.... microchips can migrate and or move... there was one dog that came into the clinic he was chilled as a pup but as he grew it traveled down the shoulder no longer in the scruff... some animals also react to chips...

leaving an inheritance... many animals can outlive their owners... If my mom and dad who are 60 die tomorrow (knocks on wood) their 7 yr old dog has a long live still ahead of him... so whats the solution?.. ban anyone over 40 from owning an animal?... not likely to go over very well...many exotic birds can live to 100 yrs old and are quite frequently passed down to the owners children or other family members... If I pass and my family looks after my dogs I truly feel my pet should not be a financial burden on my loved ones.

i know tattooing is done for ID reasons... i meant tattoo's that are not needed and are for fashion statements.. like my tattoos

and i also meant people that leave like their house to their ferret..

i have family that dress their dogs up but i never tell them how dumb i think it is.. i was just kind of ranting.. everyone else gets to rant here.. i wouldn't never let my biased opinions get in the way of how i treat an animal. it's not their fault their owner is crazy

I wouldn't call the owner crazy. My dog actually wears clothes. Every morning she brings her "favorite" jacket to the couch where I am sitting and not leave me alone till I put it on her.

Last edited:
Quote:

i know tattooing is done for ID reasons... i meant tattoo's that are not needed and are for fashion statements.. like my tattoos

and i also meant people that leave like their house to their ferret..

i have family that dress their dogs up but i never tell them how dumb i think it is.. i was just kind of ranting.. everyone else gets to rant here.. i wouldn't never let my biased opinions get in the way of how i treat an animal. it's not their fault their owner is crazy

maybe they were cash poor and the house could be sold to care for the ferret... and pay for the damage it causes..lol

And there are the dogs with thin fur who can chill easily. My parent's have a hound who has nonexistent fur on her belly (they thought it was gone because she was spayed right before they adopted her, nope!), nice fur everywhere else. But having a nekkid belly means she gets chilled when the snow is as deep or deeper than her abdomen. So a sweater keeps her protected.

mom'sfolly :

Have you ever been to a 4H show? Those animals are washed, brushed, blow dried, hair sprayed, anti-staticked etc. Or watched a dog show? I guarantee no collie's fur naturally flows as in as lovely a way as a dog at Westminster's does. Those dogs are treated with things to make them look that way.

We shave our dogs in different patterns, we blacken our horse's hooves, we tattoo numbers, or tag ears on cows, etc. People have been modifying their pets for along time. Yes, some people take it to an extreme, but some of it just plain fun.

This one is just plain fun:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-owners-dye-pets-look-like-wild-animals.html

haha, I actually like that one. xD

I have to tattoo my rabbits' ears for showing purposes.

OEG breeders have to dub the combs of their cocks. That's altering their animal. I think it really depends on the person and animal. If someone wants to make their dog look like a tiger, or their rooster combless, it's up to them. I don't think it should be to the discomfort of the animal, though.​

I dress up my dogs. I don't think it makes me crazy. I like how cute they look. If I showed u pictures of my dogs in their Halloween costumes, you might agree that they are cute, too. I think its absurd that I can put a sweater on my doxie with genetic hair loss, and that's okay because it serves a utilitarian purpose, but to put a sweater on for fun is something I should be forced to justify or somehow marks me as "crazy". My dogs don't mind, one of them enthusiastically runs over if I show her an outfit. Its a matter of preference I think. The relationship between animals and humans is much more complex than people generally think and the spectrum of attitudes towards animals is wide. Sometimes I put antenna headbands on my dogs head, and its fun. I think people take this dressing up animals thing waayyy too seriously, they act as if its an indicator of some serious mental problem or something. It is what it is, it is fun for those of us who do it.

Back
Top Bottom