People amaze me.. Update

I love the panda/tiger dogs! I want my dog to look like that
tongue.png

Quote:
I believe that and I am sure most others who posted understand that, too. Ranting is perfectly natural and it's healthy.

My post was just an old lady's buttinski comment as "leavening" in the thread. As bald and as non-specific as your original and a few subsequent posts read, I was just concerned about the typed tone of derision. Hopefully, now that you've qualified what you meant as opposed to what was written, I think you can see how some of us hoped you would look at the rationale for some of the "crazy" stuff you listed.

No harm, no foul.

There are pet safe dyes that can be used and some people use koolaid on their silkies which is temporary. I say live and let live as long as it does not harm the animal. Not to mention they are pets and loved as such. Tattooing for identification is an awesome thing who cares whether that tattoo is a number or a picture really providing it is small and not tasteless.

Personally, all of our horses were tattooed inside their lip (thoroughbred and quarter horse racehorses) as were are companion horses. When there is a lot of money invested or valued on the animal it is a smart thing, same with micro chipping. Imagine having a 100,000.00 - $1m dollar stallion stole with no way but DNA and tons of pictures to hopefully identify him but no tattoo for proof? Still think it is cruel? They hardly feel a thing except in healing maybe and it protects them and yourself.

As a vet tech your job is to judge what is wrong with the animal and what is in their best interest not what you think is right or wrong in how the owner loves and indentifies. You have to step outside your personal feelings a lot or you will drive yourself nuts. Good luck with your studies.
smile.png

Last edited:
I'm gonna be one of those old ladies that passes and leaves millions of dollars to the animals
tongue.png
they get to stay on at the estate and their lawyer hires them live-in servants
big_smile.png
and gourmet dinners
wink.png

I have NO problem whatsoever with people "humanizing animals".... a lot of what people would consider "humanizing" is just understanding that animals do have feelings too... those feelings shouldn't be any less important than human feelings. Mostly I think animals desire is to be important to the ones they love.

If someone wants to dye their pet pink... and the pet gets more attention out of it (they seriously don't know they are pink!
lol.png
) then I can't see any harm!

I get a real kick out of the stories of rich folks leaving their money to their pets. I can just imagine the spoiled humans left behind who had anticipated recieving that money
lau.gif

Ps- I have yet to see any evidence that humans are superior. More intelligent, less innocent, more aware, less noble... does not equal superiority!

Quote:
I had a green and black queen after the daft moggie stuck her bum against a newly painted wall. As for leaving money for pets if its used to keep the pet and vets care why not. As for leaving money to animal charities the main one in the UK is the Royal society for the prevention of cruety to animals and after the way they behaved over a will last year I wouldn't leave anything to them in my will.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ouble-300-000-left-generous-animal-lover.html

Last edited:
So i have dyed my cat and dog before lol. I was putting pink in my hair one time and i had a pure white cat that kept trying to brush up agenst me while i was doing this so i took the brush and gave him a little pink patch on the top of his head (animal safe dye) The dye i used was for humans or animals so i knew it wouldnt hurt him way before he got in my way lol. He seemed not to mind it though. Same with my dog. She got curious and sniffed it while it was in the bowl and knocked the bowl down and then sat in it so she had a pink tail for awhile.

Quote:
All of these could be photo shopped. Hard to tell. The dogs and cats were most likely not actually tattooed.

I think the last dog is hilarious. The tiger dog. If this washed off in a day and was for Halloween, I think it's adorable!

Quote:
Once my poodle had a pink mohawk for all but a day. Came out in the rain
lol.png

She didn't care. It was really hilarious.

I think dying your kids' hair is just as bad as dying your pets.

ETA: My mom used to perm my hair under the age of 5.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Once my poodle had a pink mohawk for all but a day. Came out in the rain
lol.png

She didn't care. It was really hilarious.

I think dying your kids' hair is just as bad as dying your pets.

ETA: My mom used to perm my hair under the age of 5.
hmm.png

Yeah i wasnt allowed to even think of dying my hair till i was 15. Perms under the age of 5? Where you one of those kid models? That is the only reason i can think of that it would be allowed that young. And my pets where their own faults and i thought it was funny at the time and it actually was. My cat way a boy to so that made the pink even better lol.

Back
Top Bottom