People can be so mean :-(

So my boyfriend, ryan, and I live together in the suburbs and we bought his grandparents house. That being said we also have a HUGE yard. I convinced him that getting 3 chickens would be a wonderful addition. So we dove on in. But when he told his mom that we have 3 little peepers, she flipped out. Told us we are turning the house into a "sh*t hole" and it "used to be a nice place to live" she was angry because we don't live a cookie cutter life like she does. I was so upset that I cried for hours... She was so mean to us that night.... Oh well. I love my garden and my chickens... No eggs for her haha.
wink.png
Some people... I get laughed at at first when old friends learn that I have chickens. They think I am crazy, and then when they come over and see my mooching machines, and see how cute and funny they can be, their attitudes change. So many people think RIR, Leghorns, BR and Buffs when they think of chickens, they don't even realize how many totally beautiful different breeds there are!

We had a road crew repaving this spring past, and a man who was directing/routing traffic had never seen a silkie. We were waiting for the bus, and all the chickens came out of the back yard to the front to mooch what they could mooch. The man said to me, "I give up, what is it?" LOL, and when I told him it was a chicken, he couldn't believe it. LOL. I also have people now who stop and take pictures of my chickens. I don't even advertise eggs, and people will just stop and ask me if I have any for sale because they see my birds and see how fat and happy they are. Where I live, we are just on the outskirts of town. There is an apt complex across the street, more farms down the road. BUT here, in this spot, chickens are new and more people stop and admire them and are amazed at how it doesn't stink, the coops are not an eyesore and there is such a variety. AND the egg colors!

If your ordinances say you can have chickens, then enjoy them, and prove to the woman what a wonderful addition the girls will be. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't need to visit. You're paying the house note... not her.

WHY IS EVERYONE MAKING FUNN OF MOTHER-IN-LAWS?!?!?!
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
Because it is standard joke material how Mothers of men are more horrid to their DIL's than mothers of daughters. AND mothers of wives are what men fear their wives may become. LOL. Stop taking offense. You are acting like your mother has been attacked when she hasn't. Not appropriate behavior and you are not going to find anyone to fight with over it.

MsB.. do I need to take that touchpad device out of your hand until you learn that your auto-correct is taking over??? Why wouldn't your grandma like you?? OH!!! You mean, if she doesn't like "IT". HEHEEHEE. Go back to the crazy room now! LOL

LOL

I don't have a MIL, but this thread was so open for derailing through classic MIL Jokes. LOL My coworker has been lamenting about her MIL who has been living with them for the past 5 months. I couldn't help it!

Sorry about that!

To the OP, enjoy life, who cares what the MIL thinks! She'll be jealous in no time.

Back
Top Bottom